Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

Right facial numbness like slight dental anaesthetic

Hiya

On the 3rd of January I had a worrying symptom which I went to A and E with, it was a numbness of all my left side of my face to the ear and including and inside the mouth and lips all left sided and seemed perfectly sectioned off to the left side.
    That numbness in the left hand side of my face is there again, It is still there after over 3 hours, even down under my chin and part of left side of my neck. It crept down a bit this time to my arm skin a little but that went pretty quickly, what on this earth is this? I went to the Dr last time emergency off duty doc who thought I might be starting with shingles but I didn't. It cannot be bell palsy as my face still works and is even. Inside the left hand side of my mouth also feels wierd. And the left of my lips too, even my gums My eyelid also feels funny. Wonder if this as anything to do with that pressing feeling I get on my nose?
    Cannot think of anything different that I have done except started taking Omega 3s from Lidl yesterday. Unlike last time I had some tingling around the lips a day or so on odd occasions, not constantly but there, wonder what that is?

Anyone any ideas? Does anyone get this with Hashis at all or hypo?

lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Junior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Re: Right facial numbness like slight dental anaesthetic

Hi Dawn

I've had that feeling myself -- it happens to me more or less just before the first day of my cycle. Do you stil have the feeling or has it gone away now? The type of feeling you describe is usually related to a hormone imbalance --

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

Agentstarling

First time it ever happened to me in 49 years was on 3rd January this year, then when I posted here 2 nights runnning, not got it at the moment but who knows if it will start again eh? Hope it is just a hormone imbalance hon, nice to know I am not alone

lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

About a year ago I had an attack of facial numbness, just like I had had an injection at the dentist; it came
    on slowly and lasted about half an hour and then disappeared. I wondered if it was a mini stroke, perhaps a
    warning of something, but then nothing else happened and I forgot about it.

Lately I have been getting a tingling around the mouth, not like before, and yet somehow similar, not numb.
    But I also have tingling in my legs and feet, across my shoulders, and this I believe to be peripheral
    neuropathy caused by Pernicious Anaemia. But who knows, lots of hypos say they get this tingling from
    time to time in various parts of their anatomy.

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Anxiety and numbness go hand in hand. It very frightening, I have experienced Anxiety in its highest severity. Its truely awful.

although this is a similar case to what I had, doesnt meant its nothing, Its best to go back to the doctors and ask for it to be investigated!!

I hope it gets better..

If when it happens your worrying and saying things like what if or similar things the mind if very complex, and can trick all our body functions into doing things. ITs why its happening then!!

Keep us updated Dawn, hope your well

Ric thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense