User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help please

Junior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

help please

I am feeling very ill at the moment. i have just got the results from the endo today and he says my testosterone is fine and so he cant treat me. i am a difficult case and he will consult with colleagues next week. but basically i have been left to do my own thing because the NHS cant help me.

my question is do i have a testosterone problem or a thyroid problem?

last yr i was treating myself for thyroid with armour and HC. all worked out perfectly, but in nov i became ill again. so i went to see the endo.

i have low fertility still and my FSH is still way over range, but my testosterone is in range at 15 (10-31). This was based on last weeks blood test, but my january result gave me a reading of 7.

my tsh last week was 3.6 and t4 16.

i am feeling very ill at the moment and take no tablets what so ever.

i just dont know what to do. do i treat the thyroid again or go for testosterone? testosterone treatment sounds as if it is more dangerous long term.

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: help please

Hi marsaday,

I am very sorry to hear you aint feeling any better there are awlays gonna be some bad days for everyone of us.

Your doctor is right...as long as your tests are within reference range, 90% of the doctors won't treat you as that's what they have been taught. No one actually cares how you feel so dont expect too much from NHS......useless bunch unless you find a nice Endo.

FSH being very high means your testicular glands are not working hence it's sending the signals to produce more. Even though you see your test results are okay....may be your body needs more testosterone hence FSH being high.

Your FT4 and FT3 are okay but could do with a bit more. Sorry I dont know, how did the whole thyroid problem started at first and why did you start treating yourself with Armour plus HC? Did you take any supervision or it was just by yourself (Dangerous act if that was the case).

Well if body isnt getting/producing enough testosterone required, you'll need alternative therapy and that would be for the rest of your life.

Country
    UK

yep those nhs doctors are w$$$$$$s. you dont get any sympathy, they have no idea who you are, ask stupid questions when all the info is in front of them, and dont bother to read your notes before you go in.

i saw dr P last yr and so i may go back on the thyroid 1/2 grain to start with.

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Yeah Dr. P is good but if you know him, he'll be like, have NAE plus Armour and see if you feel the difference.

Now you are off all medicines, why not go to your GP and do all tests including cortisol (Tell GP that your Endo asked you to do it and this should do the trick). Once all tests are ready, you can go and see Dr. P again.

On the other side, how if your diet includes a lot of sugar, you are likely to make adrenal fatigue worse so better watch that out as well.

Country
    UK

cortisol was done last week and is very high, as is normal with a cortisol blood test usually. i dont feel i have an adrenal issue any more. it is definitley Test. based. i cannot beleive there is no help in this country.

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

I really symptathise because I have the problem of thyroid and related sex hormones but estrogen etc. When I take some though I feel like I want to die There is NO help in this country I totally agree with you. Hormones seem to be ignored or overlooked unless you are about to peg out (if they spot them even then).

According to Dr Lam you are bottom end of normal looking at your test result of 15
    http://www.drlam.com/articles/2002-N...use.asp?page=3
    High cortisol as you know will interfere with how your thyroid hormones act in your body, be they your own secretions or the ones you used to take. Are you under a lot of stress or are you adapting from lots of stress over the last year or so? Anything to do with General Adaptation Syndrome that you have high cortisol?
    Your TH tests look over what most people say they feel best at too.
    It is great you have been able to come off all the tablets.
    I think getting tested for everything now is a good thing.

lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Country
    UK

hi dawn

thanks for the link i will have a look.

the doctors are useless, gp's, endo, psychiatrists all of the buggers. why did they want to do medicine i ask myself? it certainly wasnt to help people.

i am doing some research and i am going to look at using a fertility drug which stimulates the sperm and testosterone. i will also be getting some new armour at 1/2 grain and start on that. i have to speak to some more "male" docs tomorrow, but i have found there are very few working in this area in the UK.

i havent had any stress this last yr apart from loosing all my money in the stock market crash, but i am over that now. i really dont think that has made my body cock up. it has been like this for the last 16 yrs. doing the thyroid and hc last summer (up to jan) showed me what normal and well is. now i am clean of everything so i want to get back into some of it. i think the Hc had its limits and so dont want to try that again yet. for me i need to explore testicle side of things. as the doc said today your sperm is not working, but the testosterone is, but i cant help you and i dont know !!!

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense