User Tag List

Thread: PCOS and Hypo Options

PCOS and Hypo Options

Does anyone out there happen to know what comes first, the hormonal imbalance or the cysts? I have PCOS and have suspected it since I was about 23. I have been treated for it since I was 29 and shortly thereafter, I was diagnosed as hypothyroid. Since then, it seems to be a cycle that feeds off itself.

Is it common for PCOS and Hypothyroidism to occur in the same person at the same time? They seem to work together in keeping me down, though. Meaning, I cannot lose weight to save my life and I know that if I lose enough weight the PCOS symptoms should correct themselves.

I am 35 now and I'm trying to conceive and at my initial consultation my doctor performed an ultrasound so I saw the cysts (she told me that to even be considered poly-cystic there needs to be more than 12 cysts on your ovary). It was so weird to finally see those buggers that have been giving me such a hard time.

I am on Armour now and I feel better than I did with the synthetics. The only thing I was able to take for the PCOS was birth control and spironolactone (to combat the extra testosterone). I quit birth control over a year ago as I didn't like all the extra hormones.

Is there anyone out there going through the same thing/already experienced this with any advice besides working out (I do that) and a low-carb diet (I watch it but I'm living life)? I'm just really curious.

!
    V

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: PCOS and Hypo Options

to the site

Im glad you have had some relief with Armour, many people seem too!! Im not sure about PCOS and Thyroid problems being linked....so I cant comment sorry.. Im sure someone here can though

Nice to meet you

Ric thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense