Thread: The Lightning Process

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

The Lightning Process

Has anyone ever met anyone who has gone for this?

It is supposed to get people with ME well in 3 days and Esther Ranzen's daughter was supposed to have got better with it.

Mum wants to pay for me to have it but I worry it is just some sort of coping technique and mum skins herself for nothing. I can see what they say about forming new brain pathways etc but I don't really trust anything which is so cagey about the protocol and has not any proper research to back it.

There are tons of testamonials on the net though. I do worry that some of those on his (the guy who designed it) website, they seem almost brainwashed sometimes the way they are talking.

I would be interested to know anyone who has had any success or failures with this. They say it can also be used for MS and anything involving immune system, well Hashis does, which is why I am a little interested.

lotsa luv
    DAwnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: The Lightning Process

Dawn, have you done therapy? If you have what type of therapy? if you dont want coping techniques, do you know the root cause of your mental health problems..

I know my root cause, it manifesered itself with general anxiety fear of death fear of everything.....but hours and hours of Therapy over a hundred, of analytical therapy I found out my fear of was abandonment....yeah, I know I think everyone has this fear. But when you worry about it constantly it becomes unhealthy.

I must give my therapy and myself our dues, since I did get to the root cause I have less panic attacks I drink less, I no longer smoke. Things have changed.....

I also heard about this drug that is being trialled in Amsterdam than makes the bad memories seem irrelevant and I think erases them all together.. I will try and find them it was on the news recently.

Coping techniques are good if it helps short term thats good???? right?
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Awards:

Country
    UK

Yes Ric but this costs 600 for 3 days and there isn't a great deal of detail on how it works.
    I had a number of consultations with psychotherists\shrinks etc and they none of them could find anything wrong with my thought patterns. I only know of one thing that prays on my mind at times but is normal my mum dying because she had a brain tumour removed 3 years ago and has another lump. I think I would be pretty abnormal if I didn't worry about this at times.
    I find the hc levels my brain right out, no anxiety, no problems, but I think it could be because it levels out the adrenalin spikes.

I am very suspicious of this lightning process as there have been no external statistics, nobody, even the ones who fail write anything about it on the internet, what goes on in those sessions?
    They wouldn't take me as I am at the moment anyway due to the fact that I am not convinced enough about it and I am too analytical (according to one of their websites). I cannot let my mum spend that kind of money without more details of the process they are selling.

Plus I hate the thought of hypnosis and that does come into it, self hypnosis, I always resisted hypnosis lol. I don't like the idea of an external source except God getting thoughts into my mind.

Yes coping techniques are good, not so sure about program though. I suspect the success rate is due to the way they seem to hand pick the patients but I could be wrong. We will only know when they come out of the cupboard with it a bit. A group of people all paying 600 each for 3 days, wow, what an earner!
    Worth it for those it works for though and I am honestly over the moon for those.

Sorry I am a cynic aren't I?

lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Country
    England

So Dawn, have you only had one off consultations? Have you never seen a therapist for say 10 sessions?
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Hello Dawn

Just had a quick look and it seems to speak of an adrenal loop. It begs the question that I would want an answer too before I took it up. Where is the evidence that adrenals are involved. I can't see anything to back this up.

The report I just read :-

'Amir talks about ME sufferers being caught in an 'adrenaline loop' and sees breaking that loop as an important part of the training.'

but then says :-

Although Amir and his colleagues have not conducted any studies on the adrenaline levels in ME patients,

If these are correct then how does he know ME sufferers are caught in an adrenaline loop.

I am sorry but I am very sceptical.

Regards

David

Awards:

Country
    UK

David
    I think you are like me, especially when I went into the application form
    http://www.kathykent.co.uk/application.html its like 'disclaimers R us'. To my mind if something is a cure or even effectual tools then this application form shouldn't need all the darn escape from giving the money back type phrases, sounds like they are expecting people to try and get their money back as that is what
    the application form mostly covers. Also sounds like some variation on exercise and CBT with hypnotherapy to bind it all in. Also worries me why none of those who failed wrote anything on the internet, are they brainwashed to not say anything? lol, ok, that may be the myxodemia paranoia kicking in

Hey Ric
    Yes I have had a couple of full sessions, one was 8 (thats all the surgery allows as he is busy) the other lady said she couldn't see any problem with me and we did about 5 anyway because she asked if I wanted to continue and I said yes.
    I really didn't get anything out of it at all unfortunately, but I did it because I had been told it might do me good, and I hoped it would.

lotsa luv
    Dawnx

Country
    England

Dawn, its a shame your doc would nt allow anymore. Therapy is about building a relationship with your therapist and having a strong connection, the things that weigh you down are shared and talked about....this takes longer than 8 sessions..

Personally if I felt anxious depressed or unable to cope, I would seek therapy a good therapist will help. My old therapist said everyone could benefit from therapy, everyone has problems that are helped when unloaded..
    Dawn is the therapist you saw based in your GP surgery?? Maybe you could ask to see a different one...have you seen a psychologist??

I was extremely lucky with the timing of my therapy, as towards the end of my therapy there was new guidelines, where they were only allowed to give upto 6 months maximum of therapy going down the CBT route.. My therapist said 'instead of giving someone a whole bowl of porridge , the patient will only get a spoonful' I apparantly had a whole bowls worth.

She wasnt happy with these new guidelines, as she said they were only going to be masking the problem rather than fixing the problem....

I was in therapy for 3 years, if I hadnt gone into therapy......................I would of killed myself for sure!!

Sad but I was in a very dark place

Maybe Im bias as therapy worked.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense