User Tag List

Thread: arghhhh

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

arghhhh

ARGGGHHH! Iam really mixed up. I was put on HRT 3 years ago, having bad hot flushes and not having real periods for a while. I lie - was on Clonidine (to stop the flushes) for a while prior to HRT as I have a history of migraine and nuttiness. Got depressed. Went on to HRT. Took myself off of it as I took up smoking again. Stopped smoking, expecting granddaughter. Had post (thought I was) menopausal bleeding a few times, went for a hysteroscopy (OUCH)- ovarian cyst, yes, diagnosed with hash and hypo after being hyper. Very ill - started slow build up of levo - took 6 months to feel okish after raging hot/cold all the usual horrible symptoms of hypo - fought under medicating - thought was getting sorted after seeing Endo who agreed I was under medicated - have started more bleeding, twice - seems like I am having regular periods again, aged 51 and supposedly 4 years into the menopause which should only last 5!! I am fed up again. I have a GP who thinks 5-5 TSH is fine and won't listen to other symptoms - puts it dwn to menopause - yeah, like I don't know me - Endo said should aim for TSH 0.2. The hot - and cold - flushes were either down to hypo or reaction to medication. But every time I thought I was starting to understand my position something new starts. Plus I have the associated skin stiff - need canestan, need to soak in oil as hair and face are so dry. It is all hormonal. I can cope but I am fed up. If I am gonna be an old bag let me be one.

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: arghhhh

Awww Im sorry to hear all the crap you have been put through very typical in Thryoid Circles unfortuantly

Maybe you were never going throught the menopause? A Low TSH and Cysts can cause fewer never periods. All the symtoms you have said can be put down to Hypothyroidism. So it sounds like you were hypo not menopausal......However, Im not a Dr, I just say what I see..

Your Endo is more right than that stupid GP who said your TSH was fine a 5.5 Grrr how Frikin Stooopid!!

However, Dr Skinner recommends a TSH to be as close to Zero as possibe with you feeling well!!

What is your TSH Anni?

I hope you feel well.....I know Im a bloke, and I have NO idea about 'womens' problems.....just thought Id offer my support!!

Keep us updated

Ric thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Country
    UK

And I am most grateful. I think you could be right - I have been thinking on those lines also, that I was not menopausal before - that means I took HRT when I shouldn't. I got very depressed and started smoking. I took myself off the HRT cos I knew the risks of smoking and taking HRT. Then I decided to stop smoking because my granddaughter was expected. I will check whether I have had tests for being menopausal.
    That is when I started with all the thyroid stuff. I was given Clonidine for flushes this time but it didn't work - even recently the GP has put most symptoms down to the menopause! Since increasing levothyroxine I haven't had the flushes.When I was very poorly my TSH was 67, it has dropped over the last 5 months as I have slowly increased levo, last test it was 5.7. The Endo said I should aim for 0.2. I haven't had a test for a few weeks - Endo said wait a few weeks - so I plan to have some at the end of Feb.
    Obviously one should be careful and get attention for post meno bleeding but examinations and hysteroscopies are not very pleasant ( ) and are to be avoided if poss- and if one isn't menopausal... Times like this I wish I were a bloke. Yes, you have made me think. Cheers!

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Your very welcome Anni, I know its taboo for guys to give advice on these problems, but it is mixed with Thryoid problems so I thought I would speak up.. I have no advice for your Menopause problems, just Thyroid and that it can cause menopausal symptoms, Your TSH was off the charts it would of gave you all the symptoms going!! Mine was 25 and I felt like death warmed up, god knows how you must of felt!!

If there is a test to confirm the menopause, I would if I were you, have it... Ask that silly GP to refer you to a Endocrinologist again!!

Keep us updated

and take care

Ric thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Country
    UK

Yes, that test result did attract some attention and the GP said she hadn't seen anything like. The Endo was quite impressed too. Yes I will. . I have to be authoritative when I go to the GP.
    And men can be useful advisors even if they don't have the same compicated bodies we have! I appreciate your help. Have a nice weekend, Anni.

Country
    UK

How is anni? Still feeling cxxp. After lots of tests for other auto-immune stuff, mainly gastro-related, and related meds, still feel awful (inc. Lansoprazol and double calcium and vit D).Been put back on hrt, so a lot of the aches have gone and some of the flushes but am now starting to swell up again. Many of the 'mental' issues - foggy brain inc. - remain. Been told hrt can affect thyroxin levels so have upped the levo a little. I suppose it''l be like this for years, if it is down to 'my age'.
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend and geeling well x

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense