User Tag List

Thread: Hello Fellow Thyroid Friends!

Hello Fellow Thyroid Friends!

Its funny how by just reading a few posts here that I can totally relate to so many of you! It is true that no one understands Thyroid Disease until they've had Thyroid Disease!
    My name is Sonia, I am 31 and I was diagnosed with Hypo/Hashi's last year. I'm working with my PCP, Endo and Holistic Psychiatrist to treat my symptoms. For years I thought I was mentally unstable...just turns out that my "episodes" were just my hormones going on a roller-coaster ride from hyper to hypo. While there is some relief knowing that I'm not crazy, I don't like the word "disease" and knowing that I am stuck with this for life makes me a little sad.
    I'm on a mission to better understand what is happening to my mind and my body and look forward to learning from all of you.

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: Hello Fellow Thyroid Friends!

to the site Sonia!! :d

YOur are not alone!! you are not alone thumbup

We are all on the same mission to better understand our condition and to regain our health/ apparantly it is possible with the correct meds!!!

I also dont like the word disease, it has a hopeless ring to it!!

Nice to meet you and take care, feel free to post anytime about anything thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

Re: Hello Fellow Thyroid Friends!

Hi Sonia

And welcome

Yes that hopeless sound of disease, however it does appear to be in various degrees, I know people with it that are what I would call very fit, so I believe that it can be ok for many if caught and treated early. The longer you have it apparently the longer you take to heal, well, the great word in there is 'heal'

I have been investigating the mental aspect of thryoid disease again today and I came across this

''
    Some of the pregnenolone is converted to cortisol. But some patients’ adrenal cortex cells don’t convert pregnenolone to cortisol at a normal rate. As a result, the patients’ cortisol levels may decrease. As Dr. Durrant-Peatfield writes, in these patients, the pregnenolone that would have been converted to cortisol may instead be converted to DHEA. This may raise the patients’ DHEA levels, and it may increase the ratio of DHEA to cortisol. Researchers have found this pattern—an increased ratio of DHEA to cortisol—in patients with panic disorder.
    by the very knowledgable Dr Lowe quoting from the lovely understanding Dr Peatfield also very knowledgable http://www.drlowe.com/QandA/askdrlowe/dhea.htm
    there are so many things to think about with hormones, but I know for sure my saliva test showed normal Dhea and low cortisol, exactly what Dr P/L states for anxiety and panic. Worth reading about, another thing to chase up lol, this condition certainly takes a lot of researching.
    Did you have any saliva tests Sonia? How are your current labs, would be interesting if you would like to post them in the forum.

Heres hoping to see you on our shared journey to wellness

lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense