User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety... aghh hate it, any experience anyone?

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

Anxiety... aghh hate it, any experience anyone?

Hi friends
    I know Jim has some experience of this, maybe some others also.

I had terrible anxiety years ago when my Hashis started for many years it was disabling.
    I found when starting Armour that it was my adrenals with a saliva test and probably also something to do with the Hashis and hypothyroidism. All I know is Hydrocortisone settles it down. I also get hypoglycemic which kicks it off too.
    I am obviously making a lot of adrenalin or I am very sensitive to what I do make. I know when hypoglycemic it kicks out to give you energy if your bs goes low, but I am not always when it happens.
    I am near euthyroid now according to blood tests but I still suffer a lot of anxiety many days of the week.

Can anyone tell me if this ever settles down on armour? I had to come off the T4 because I went over the top and threw a really worrying symptom in the mind and panicked, not a panic attack perse, but a panic due to the feeling I was having. (I have suffered anxiety normal and it wasn't).

So I am now taking 2.5 grains of armour and for the first time I am feeling stronger, I just need to deal with this anxiety issue. I read one of Jims hubs and it explained it a bit, but not sure how we resolve it completely.

Any help on this would be most appreciated.

lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: Anxiety... aghh hate it, any experience anyone?

My problems is I will never know what calmed my Anxiety down, was it improved Thyroid function, or was it 3 years of great therapy? Or a combination

I still get Anxiety now, but no where near to the extent I used too!

Better Thyroid function will help no matter what you on.

Regardless of whether you have Thyroid problems or not, Therapy will not do you any harm whatsoever, so if you feel like your not coping go and get some help

I keep saying this, but regarding Thyroid and mental health, you really do need to help yourself, by getting help, not by helping yourself
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Awards:

Country
    UK

Ah
    Ric, thanks hon. I am so glad therapy worked for you.
    I tried therapy a number of times, it didn't work for me at all, different schools of psychology, psychiatrists, ordinary 'therapists' just nothing at all, no improvements. Relaxation techniques, only one that worked for me was the breathing exercises but only for acute attacks and only to a certain extent.
    The only time it seemed to improve was with altered health so I take it you are right it will improve with my thyroid function. I worry about the adrenal factor with it a lot. I have noticed that scientists are now researching making pills for depression and anxiety act on the cortitripin receptors which gives us a clue whey my anxiety is so much relieved by HC (despite my lack of cortisol too).
    A lady called Polly on a forum suggests Taurine might help me but getting the money together for all these supplements takes time. I am currently trying to get hold of some more NTH and HC before I can get hold of some taurine.
    Did any particulare supplement help you Ric? Or anyone else? All suggestions gratefully accepted

lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

I do get similar kind of feeling as well but have felt better since starting Magnesium. Even in the nights when I wake up, previously I used to turn around all the time and think about like I am gonna loose my job or I am dying etc now I just lie down and relaxed.

I havent had any exeprience with any therapist or psychiatrists so can't help you much apart from reading your experience and try to improve on those.

God Bless All

Awards:

Country
    UK

Cheers Sid
    Perhaps I should up the magnesium from 200mg then

God bless
    Dawnx

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

SiD, why do you supplement magnesium, were you tested deficient or did you read that it helps?

There are so many things that are supposed to help the thyroid and I am already taking loads of pills. I dont
    take any extra minerals but really feel I ought, I know I get low potassium but eat quite a lot of bas.

Junior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Hi Whitby!
    I've been suffering from severe anxiety for years! I've been through the tons of psychiatrists etc. I finally found a therapist that I like. Who agrees that they are more a physical reaction to something then mental. I've been through every antidepressant known to man and they've just made it worse! I've been prescribed Xanax .5mg 3 times a day. I don't know if you have Xanax over there or not but it has been a god send. I know a lot of doctors won't prescribe it as it does have some addiction issues with it and many people abuse it. I haven't had a problem with "wanting more" and I've been taking it for the better part of a year. I still get minor attacks but they are no where near debilitating as they once were. My endo is even ok with my being on the Xanax. I am also working with a new Endo to figure out what the root cause is. I've just been tested for menopause and that wasn't it. So we are still working on the root of the problem. I will definately keep you all posted! There is hope out there!

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense