User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think Im sufferring with Adrenal fatigue!

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

I think Im sufferring with Adrenal fatigue!

I have taken Cortef before, and felt better on it, but I think I wasnt on it long enough, I did it for 2 months, but the last month I was reducing the dose to wean myself off it!

All these Energy crashes and the high dose of Thyroid meds, and still sufferring Hypo symptoms. Something isnt right. Im going to get my blood taken tomorrow as my new GP wants to know how I'm doing! So that will shine a light on how my Thyroid is doing!

I had to literally show how low I was to my wife today, with me squeezing one solitary tear out of my eye! lol! Seriously though, today has been shi* I cancelled my night shift due to lack of energy! I could go on, but dont want to bore you all lol!

Should I get my adrenals checked privately? (the spit test?) or should I just continue what Im doing?
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Country
    England

Cyberchondria...

OR does this say everything about me, am I readin to much into my problems? I was watching 'The one show' on BBC1 and this new illness was mentioned, and as soon as the word cyberchondria was mentioned my wife looked at me, and grinned, and made it known this is what she reckons I have!

The only things is, its not like Im googling anything other than Thyroid/adrenal, things that are relevant to me! So Im not to concerned, but something I know to others family friends etc, I sound like a cyber'Hyperchondriac

Here is the link to the definition of cyberchondia >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberchondria
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Re: I think Im sufferring with Adrenal fatigue!

Ric, remember that the thyroid does affect every organ in the body, and really is responsible for most of the different problems we get. It would be so easy for others to label us cyberchondriacs but where else do we get our information, certainly not through our medical practitioners.

Have you ever had your adrenals tested? If not it could be a good idea just to know the true status, but if you are back on the Cortef this would of course skew the results unless you stop for a while.

The book that SiD recommended "Adrenal Fatigue - The 21st Century Syndome" by James L Wilson is really excellent for giving an insight into the far reaching effects of Adrenal Fatique. ( This book, together with Dr. Peatfields book are my "bibles". I am also reading Janie's "Stop the Thyroid Madness" book.

I think possibly you were not on the Cortef for long enough, it really does take months and even years for the adrenals to pick up depending on how down they were.

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ginny
    The book that SiD recommended "Adrenal Fatigue - The 21st Century Syndome" by James L Wilson is really excellent for giving an insight into the far reaching effects of Adrenal Fatique. ( This book, together with Dr. Peatfields book are my "bibles". I am also reading Janie's "Stop the Thyroid Madness" book.
    Listen to this lady Ric and buy those books. Them are quite cheap on amazon market resellers or buy them used but they absolute worth every single penny

Now cortef, actually James says in his book is not good. It totally shuts your adrenals down like any other steroid but Dr. Peatfield tells us a different story. I got a bit of worry after reading the book and dropped my cortef even from 20mcg to 15mcg and immediately I felt something is not going right. I have noticed, 20mcg works absolutely best for me and I had a lot of improvements and getting better day by day.

Having said that, a lot of people on different forums seems to suggest different things. In reality, actually no one knows how one's body is gonna reach once cortef it fully withdrawn as individuals and their glands are all different.

Did you try Adrenal Extracts with other herbal products to see if that works for me? Though cortef seems to work best as a treatment, it may not be the ultimate solution for everyone.

Yup do the test if you are not on any adrenal support and see what it says for ya

Country
    England

guys, as I said in my previous post, I have come down with something AGAIN!! So i doubt this will be a problem in the future (touch wood)

I have thought about buying this book, I think as you say it will be a good investment!!

for your quick replies guys!! thumbup

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

Hey Ric
    I was thinking of how much Armour you were on at one time when i was on my fav adrenal group I saw this and it stuck out a mile. However the anxiety part also stuck out for me too, chronic illness can cause low T3 syndrome with high RT3 too.. I hope Val wouldn't mind my borrowing her messages, she is a great lady and wonderful support to all on her adrenal yahoo group. She saved my life when I was first going up on Armour and had a terrible near psychotic do with renumerating thoughts and derealization..

Chances are when you were on 8 grains a day you had VERY high RT3 and
    were not getting HALF that T3 to the cells. I have been amazed at how
    much LESS thyroid I need now that the Rt3 is gone. So go easy and don't
    rush raising it too much!

No High Rt3 also causes A LOT of adrenal stress which causes anxiety. I
    am not sure if it is the extremely low T3 getting it the cells that does
    this or if it has actions of it;s own which is still being discovered as
    RT3 has not been thoroughly studied nor understood even now.
    Main note is if you go back on Cortef don't do it until you have lowered your dose substantially due to possible and most probably thyroid dump with horrendous symptoms.
    Oh and yes, get the saliva test, I did, and I wasn't sorry.

luv Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Country
    England

Dawn, I think thats very possible with my When on 6 grains of Armour my TSh was less than 0.01 my FT4 was 9.9 and my T3 was 13, and I felt dreadful.. Im will get an saliva test very soon, when I have soon more dosh!

Nice one guys thumbup

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense