User Tag List

Thread: Definite improvement, but will it last?

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Definite improvement, but will it last?

Since the beginning of December 2008, I have been taking high potency B12 tablets 5000mcg, had a few increases in Armour, and an increase in Thyroxine. The reason why I did this was in November I was getting very down, depressed maybe, feeling very sorry for myself, as well as increased fatigue and generally feeling crap. So I decided to increase my Armour first going from 3 to 4 grains, first I felt a definite boost in my health.

Next came the B12 tablets, I started taking them, and then the beginning of January I started taking an extra 50mcg of Thyroxine..

End of January, and things seem to be looking up, Im doing alot more, whether its because I have No choice with being a father, or whether the meds are working somethings working for me! My wife has even noticed things seem to be happening, asking 'whats come over you' and 'whoa, you seem happy' which if she is saying that means Im doing well.

I still have bad days, I think everyone does, but things as of right now are good! I know that tomorrow with me could be the opposite, and I could be moaning that I'm feeling rubbish...So I will take it as it comes, and enjoy the good days, and try and be happy!!

thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Re: Definite improvement, but will it last?

Thats great news, Ric, the 5,000 mcg B12 you are taking, is that daily or weekly ?

It sounds an awful lot, but usually, depending on the metabolism, more than 50% will
    be excreted by the body within 48 hours. In the case of tablets (as opposed to sublinguals)
    it can be as little as 1% is absorbed in the gut.

Whatever you're doing it seems to be working

Have a good day.

Country
    England

Im taking sublinguals Ginny

for the kinds words!!

How are you feeling Ginny???
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

for asking, Ric, I am doing pretty good now. I have recently upped my Cytomel and am waiting a few weeks before I have a private blood test to check my levels. as I want to be forewarned if my doc asks
    me to have a blood test when I ask him if I can have my T3 on the NHS. !

I'll settle for how I feel right now, but I find it expensive to get the meds from I.P. and some people are now finding themselves asked for customs duty even on shipments from I.P, probably to to the increase in prices
    because of the current exchange rate....

Sublinguals are good, some say they're as good as injections (and a lot less painful)

Country
    England

Hi Ginny, most docs will prescibe Cytomel on the NHS! I did once think of buying it myself from IP, but it way out of my price range being over 100 per 100 tablets

I ordered Armour from IP in December and was spared the import tax, It has nothing to do with the exhange rate or IP, its a random charge given my Customs. And if your being charged on cytomel, it must be costing you a small fortune!!

Thats why I bought the subliguals as lots of people had said they are as good as the injections once its in your system, Im feeling better so something is working for me!!

Let me know what your GP says when you go see him about your T3, if he/she refuses to prescribe ask them to refer you to an Endo, as they are more likely to sort you out!! thumbup

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense