User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I dont whether its Thyroid disease, or I'm just greedy!

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

I dont whether its Thyroid disease, or I'm just greedy!

When I was youngerI had all the energy in the world. My parents cannot believe the difference in me today, from how I was when I was a child. At one point my parents thought something was wrong with me and my never ending energy levels God how I miss those days!!

When I was 14 I remember spending the entire summer holidays in bed, depressed and basically spending hours and hours in bed watching TV. Then the weight started going on. Making me even more depressed. I was a healthy 13 stone for my 6 foot frame, as the years went by, I started gaining weight alot, it seemed every other day I was putting on weight. When I left school I went from 15 stone to 17 stone. and the weight just got worse and worse. Yeah I ate, but I didnt eat loads.

When I see these shows like 'you are what you eat' and they show you how much some of these people eat, a whole table of fatty high carb/sugar food, they are eating about 10000 kcals a day/ and they weigh what I weigh. Something is wrong. When they get puton these diets by the diet mogul ask Gillian Mckeith, they lose masses of weight... Im on a calorie controlled diet and my weight loss is pathetic. I have lost 26 pounds since October. But I was weighing 23.3 stones!! I now weight 21.8 stone. (after putting on a massive 5 pounds in a week!!!) Yeah I haven't been following the diet but thats extreme isnt it?

I'm determined to increase my daily activity, and Im determined to lose this weight, I want to be like I was before I left school. I really hope now im on the highest dose of Thyroid hormone ever, my weight becomes less and my energy becomes more!!

Rant over, its time to get active...hopefully, I will have better news next week!!!
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: I dont whether its Thyroid disease, or I'm just greedy!

Did you try increasing your night *activities* as that is supposed to burn calories as well

Country
    England

Well Mr Sid, I would love too, but having a little boy the other side of my wife all the time it kinds dampens the mood a little lol......
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Ric
    That is nearly 2stone, in old money, since October, that I would have thought is plenty fast enough. You do not want to loose weight too fast otherwise it will affect your general health. Be patient it's going in the right direction. There will be ups and downs. Don't go out and do loads of exercise too soon, let that takes it's course. Lots of exercise means cells need oxygen, oxygen uses T3 and T4 to get around. More exercise more T3 and 4 used up.

From what you say it sound as though you may have been a bit hyper as a child and possibly switched as an adolescent. This is exactly what we believe happened to our son.

Regards

David

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Ric
    Lots of exercise means cells need oxygen, oxygen uses T3 and T4 to get around. More exercise more T3 and 4 used up.
    No wonder I couldn't stop yawning when I started going to gym regularly after a while. I've stopped it now but I just thought body didnt produce enough Cortisol to deal with the stress of the exercise.

Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Ric

That is probably one reason why AD's don't work well with Hypo's. AD's work on the things like serotonin which is fired from the brain neurons. Neurons can't fire without oxygen and other things. So if you have insufficient T3 the brain won't work. Doesn't matter what else you give it.

When you exercise too much you get stiffness. That's due to insufficient oxygen which creates a build up of lactic acid in the muscles. When you are hypo you also get insufficient oxygen and quite a lot of sufferers get stiffness in their muscles.

Well that's the way I see it. It also explains to me why there are so many symptoms. I just don't understand why so many docs can't seem to understand. Or am I missing something. Don't forget I am not medically trained. So this is my view.

all the best

David

Country
    England

for that David, its interesting, as before I knew I was Hypo I was at the gym every day working out, but I was sufferring really painful cramps in my thighs. Agony it was. Kinda explains why now.

Im not pushing myself to hard just walking a bit more, went for a good walk this morning got a pedometre for Xmas, thought it was a good time to crack it out! lol Trying to walk 10000 steps came close lol... gently does it

for all your replies!! I appreciate your support

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense