User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still Having Sleep Issues :(

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Still Having Sleep Issues :(

Hi all,

I am still struggling for a nice and peaceful night sleep. It got a bit better when I started in HC but then I raised my thyroxine and now there is rarely a night when I sleep nicely.

I always seem to get up in very early in the morning, like around 4 or 6 o clockish and then cannot sleep. It's not there is any anxiety...it's just there is no sleep and I lie down peacefully with my eyes closed.

I am just getting so desperate for anything that works. From what I have read, it seems increasing thyroxine can causes adrenal stress so I may have to increase HC dosage to compensate that. That may help my sleep?

Any clues and stuff which works for you guys? Tried and tested.

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England
    Hey Sid, I have this problem every now and again, where I wake up at 4 or 5 in the morning and then cannot function properly all day long. Mine is not Anxiety neither.

Do you have a proper night time routine?
    Or do you like me never go to sleep at the same time any day? I wish I could get a routine but with nights and Joel, things are on the back burner.

Im exhausted, been up since 5pm last night and not going to bed until at least 8pm.......can I do it??

Anxiety may play some part subconstiously without you even realising..
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: Still Having Sleep Issues :(

Hi Ric,

No I am right routine and I dont really change things much in my life (Typical Capricorn )
    I normally go to bed around 11:00pm and then get up at 7:00am for office. This all was going well but stopped working when I increased thyroxine and at the same time, dropped Cortef to half so I reckon things changed a lot for the body.

What is surprising that 5-HTP and Magnesium I was taking for peaceful sleep, doesn't seem to work anymore. I added Melatonin 3mg in last two nights so slept a little bit but once you wake up, it's hard to sleep again.

I've reduced thyroxine slightly so hopefully that will work

Life ain't that easy and simple like before

Country
    England

MR Sid, I thought your would of realised by now, that life is never friken easy!! :d lol, I told you I was worried about you reducing your Cortef so rapidly.

Let us know how your new Thyroxine dose makes you feel!!!!
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

increased thyroxine and at the same time, dropped Cortef to half so I reckon things changed a lot for the body.
    Not a good choice, doing both together well wouldn't have thought so anyway. Having said that, thyroxine never seemed to show up adrenal problems in me, I just never slept properly on thyroxine full stop
    Are you also taking any other TH?
    Good on ya with the 5Http though, I never realised it was good for sleep until I saw that seminar I just posted. He rekons take up to 300mg of the stuff?

lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Re melatonin, I came across this the other day :Hormonal effects have been reported, including decreases or increases in levels of luteinizing hormone, progesterone, estradiol, thyroid hormone (T4 and T3), growth hormone, prolactin, cortisol, oxytocin, and vasopressin. Gynecomastia (increased breast size) has been reported in men, as well as decreased sperm count (both which resolved with cessation of melatonin). Decreased sperm motility has been reported in rats and humans.

This is from: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/melato ... 6C9F29F8E0

The waking at 4 am definitely sounds like adrenal to me, may be too big a drop in Cortef ?[

Country
    England

Very interesting Ginny thanks for the link!!! thumbup

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense