User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi im new and desperately ill.. conversion probs

hi im new and desperately ill.. conversion probs

hi fellow hypos i'm bluebell, i've had hashis 6 years and got iller and iller..im on 100mcg t4 and 40mcg t3
    ive been on 100mcg for 4 months ( up from 50) and im not converting cos my t3 has dropped a little so i think its obvious theres been no conversion from t4 im so ill now im bed bound most of the day and regestered disabled. i saw a good endo a year ago who added in t3 but saw an awful one a few months ago who blamed my symptoms on depression and anxiety

i feel like ive come to the end of the road with the nhs and the t4 has made me so much worse.

im so desperate now, i did an adrenal saliva test yesterday so il lsee what that brings and ive ordered 1 grain armour today from usa to self medicate when it comes.im going to come off all my t4 but keep taking the t3.

my symptoms are severe exhaustion, weight gain, infertility for the last 2 years ( high fsh levels and low estrogen and testosterone, but not being treated for it)
    dry skin, heart palpitations, heart aritmia which scares me, depression, anxiety,
    i feel like im dying slowly especially since the t4 has been increased i feel like im being poisoned.

i live alone and i cant live like this as i have no life so im gonna self medicate and i pray that the armou will work!

bluebell x

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: hi im new and desperately ill.. conversion probs

Welcoe Bluebell girl, glad your decided to join!

Lets hope th saliva test will shine a light, and the Armour will help (fingers crossed) You have to be so very patient being Hypo, I have dad the disease for nearly 5 years now, but I reckon I had it long before I was diagnosed with it!!!

Keep us updated in the Armour and your results with the Saliva test!! thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Bluebell. I am very sorry to hear you having such a difficult time but be hopeful that it's not gonna last long.

In regards to your saliva test, which laboratory are you using and did you follow the instructions properly for the testing as it's quite crucial. If you were taking any adrenal supplements before like DHEA, progesterone or adrenal extracts, you have to come off them at least a week before doing any test or else your results will be skewed.

A better thing to do would be have a blood tests of the all the relevant hormones at your GP (As it would be free) like Estrogen, Testosterone, LH, FSH, , TSH, FT3, FT4, RT3, Thyroid Antibodies, Electrolytes balance (Sodium & Potassium being important) and then Vitamin B12, Calcium and Ferritin.

I know it would be very hard to have all these tests or if you doing yourself then would be costly as well, but at least you'll get the full picture of where it's all going wrong.

Armour doesnt work if adrenals are not fully supported so be careful on that. If you are taking T3, why not reduce T4 as you may feel a bit better? Don't know much myself to be honest as I dont take T3 medication at all.

On the other note, if your Cortisol levels are high, you are likely to gain weight on thyroid medicine.

Good Luck to you

thanks guys i had my bloods done last week t4 12.1
    t3 6
    fsh 23
    eastrogen 45
    i havent had eletrolites tested for ages and doc refuses to test b12 no idea why! im on ferrous sulphate for long term anaemia prevention as i kept getting it

im coming off my t4 deffinately its making me dreadful

i hope i did the saliva test right! sods law it was a day i didnt feel quite as ill as today!
    i did come off dhea and melatonin 2 weeks ago, i hope thats ok. i used genova diagnostics

ive ordered 1 grain armour and its been shipped so should get it in a week.

Country
    England

Have you thought about testing your B12 level privately? Its not expensive! whats your TSH?
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

hi ric.. cutest baby by the way!! congrat!
    i take high strngth b12 anyway but it might be a good idea to get it tested.
    my tsh is o.o2 which the docs say is too supressed but i think its cos im taking t3

Country
    England

Bluebell, your TSH seems alright although your GP wont be happy! My TSH is less than 0.01, It depends on how you feel!

You should come off your B12 tablets before getting your bloods tested to see how much you produce naturally! Im on high strength B12 tablets too!!

Keep us updated BB thumbup

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense