Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

Hi from Whitters/Blondie\Dawn

Hiya

Some folk on here will already know me I am a TPA-UK member and frequently read and post on lots of boards . Just wanted to say hiya, and I am always reading forums so I feel it is not polite to introduce oneself

I am a Hashimotos disease sufferer, I first started with panic attacks in my teens but towards my early twenties my muscles started to stiffen a lot and I eventually got panic anxiety for long periods at age 23. I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and depression and placed on major tranquilizers which made me suffer more silently. Eventually I was given tricylic anti ds and after many many months I suffered quietly without the tranquilizers. I was in a constant state of anxiety though for many years. I think as my thyroid finally started to get smaller the panic became slightly rarer. I had a baby prematurely at age 28 years and suffered Post natal depression. When finally diagnosed hypo the Dr actually apologised to me, he must have realised how much they had fobbed me off. My health went down and down over the years, weight yo yo too. I still wasn't given a test for autoantibodies until I hit the Thyroid Chat Forum and learned from them about TPOs etc about a year 18 months ago, I also heard about Armour from a lady on that forum, I had never heard of it. By that time I was 46/47 years old and on my way out, often laying panting and unable to muster the strength to move my diaphram to breathe. I could hardly walk, I kept falling, getting heavier, my panic was coming back strongly, I was more depressed, hair was getting thinner, I was in agony with my muscles and joints too. I was getting ready to die I thought. I was checked by an endo and told my thyroid was well controlled. Neither he nor my GP would even consider a trial of Armour. I then hit the STTM site by accident and found TPA's literature to take to the doctor and joined TPAs group.

Early this year I was taken into hospital after a confusional state and falling and dizzyness with pupils that contracted in light but dilated straight back again, I was totally out of it and I was terrified in my disorientation too. The hospital found nothing, I resolved then to throw myself on Gods mercy and with the help of TPA I would start self medicating, which I did. I am on my way. I have had lots of horrible events, some of them because of my adrenal fatigue too. I am going to carry on through the holidays with my present dose of Armour before experimenting some more to get my meds correct.

There enough about me, I don't wish to bore you
    take care
    Dawn
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: Hi from Whitters/Blondie\Dawn

Hi dawn, to the site! dadachris

I wanted to say thank you for your kind words on my blog, I could nt get in touch with you at the time of reading to say thank you so I will say thank you now! you!!

I didnt realise you has started to suffer from such an early age, and for such a long time! My Anger towards the BTF and NHS grows after reading every post likes yours!! Its so damn frustrating!! grrr

What are you self medicating with? how are you feeling now? See you wasnt boring me, I want to know more lol xms . Have you had any recent blood tests done?

Im glad you joined up, your very knowledgable, and kind, I know you will be a great addition to the board.

I hope you have a great Xmas, and look forward to hearing more of your Journey!! xms
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Junior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Hi Dawn,

Merry Xmas and I hope you feel stronger over this time. My baby was born at 36 weeks and on SCBU too. Looking back now I think I was probably undiagnosed hypo as it took me a long time to recover from the op. You've had a really rough time and I hope 2009 is better x Katy

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Dawn and

a lot for joining us. I am sure, the knowledge and experience you have got regarding thyroid and other related issues is more than anyone else on this forum so we all could benefit from it xms

Very sad to hear about your past but almost all doctors act in the same way. I honestly think they don't really understand how important and critical this gland is and treat it like another small illness.

By the way, TPA-UK is doing is absolutely fantastic job and I personally support them. I always have copies of Sheila's letters in my file in case I need them to convince my doctor regarding anything

I am also self medicating but I occasionally have a chat with Dr. Peatfield to make sure I don't do something silly. Still struggling but very hopeful towards the full recovery. God knows when that day will come

Awards:

Country
    UK

All best wishes to you in 2009 too sweetsuit, and thanks for the lovely welcome and empathy.

for the welcome Ric,

What are you self medicating with? how are you feeling now? See you wasnt boring me, I want to know more lol xms . Have you had any recent blood tests done?
    for asking, I am on Armour 2 1/4 grains, been higher but 3 sent me way mad and 2 1/2 had me palping slightly although that may have been the residual conversion from going up to 3 grains not sure. Will have another try on 2 1/2 eventually. I am also on 37 1/2 mg hc. I think all my inflammation has me needing this much hc as well as the adrenal fatigue. I am still awefully short of breath, on the slightest exertion.

Here are my bloods for your perusal hehe.

Blood results from 18/12/08

Serum FT3 5.3 pmol/L (3.0-6.1)
    Serum FT4 12.5 (10.0-24.0)
    TSH 1.39 (0.300-5.000)

Plasma viscosity HI 1.76 mpas (1.50-1.72)

HB 15.0 gDL (11.5-16.5)
    MCV 84 fL (80-100)
    Platelet Ct 344 10*9/L (150-450)
    Total White B Ct HI 11.40 10*9/L ( 4.00-11.00)
    Neutrophil Ct 6.20 10*9/L (2.00-8.00)
    Lymphocyte Ct 4.00 10*9/L (1.00-4.50)
    Monocyte Ct 0.6 10*9/L (0.2-0.8)
    Eosinophil CT 0.50 10 *9/L (.00-.1.00)
    Basophil Ct 0.10 10*9/L (0.00-1.00)
    LUC 0.20 10*9/L (0.00-0.70)
    Packed cell volume .434 L/L (0.360-0.450)
    MCH 28.9 pg (27.0-32.0)
    RBCs HI 5.19 10*12/L (3.90-5.00)

Serum Sodium 140 mmol/L (136-145)
    Serum Potassium 4.3 '' (3.5-5.1)
    Serum Urea level 5.4 '' (2.8-7.6)
    Serum Creatinine HI 81 umol/L (44-80)

Serum glucose 4.5mmol/L US 81

Serum Plasma Proteins
    Serum total Protein 73 g/L (63-79)
    Serum albumin 43 g/L (38-47)
    Serum globulin 30 g/L (18-32)

Alk Phos 95 iu/L (32-104)

Serum tot bilirubin lvl 10 umol/l (<16)

ALT/SGPT serum lvl 27 iu/\L (10-36)

Plasma C ReAc Prot HI 15mg/L (<6.00)

On the positive my CRaP lol has gone down by 5mg/L since I went on Armour it was 20 in March this year. Also WBC count down by .70 since then too, so thats good news. Unfortunately my RBC are slightly higher, its the first time I have ever seen them test my plasma viscosity. Am I going to have a stroke? Creatinine been highish for a long time too, kidneys suffering a tad, maybe my hypertension, but which came first again the chicken or the egg?

Picking up knowledge from forums, journals, blogs, articles all over the place but suffering from brain fog so difficulty in retaining all new found knowledge unfortunately. Also organization typical of a cold bodied person TERRIBLE All filed away, not a clue where

Read you blog again Ric, terrific news, I am so glad

lotsa luv all
    Whittersx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    United States

Hi Whitters,

We run across eachother in lots of different places online! It's good to see you here!

JimLow
    (Avatar pic is of me & wife, 2008)

Awards:

Country
    UK

dadachris hehe Jimlow, indeedy

Great to see you too. I think the net is the only place I could be described as 'getting about a lot'
    Not exactly a 'physical' gadabout, just a virtual one

Either that or I am your stalker JOKE! lol

Looking forward to readin ur posts hon
    luv Dawn

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense