User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just thought I'd let you know...

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Just thought I'd let you know...

I have recently increased my Armour from 3 grains to 4 grains, and I think, I think, I have hit the jackpot, Im starting to feel 'normal' Im also taking 250mcg of Thyroxine, this is the highest dose Ive ever been on!! So after 4 years and hitting lower than low, Im feeling better than I ever have!!
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: Just thought I'd let you know...

Glad to hear you are feeling better Ric thumbup

When you "recently", what do you mean? A week or a few days ago? Just wanted to get a feeling how long before you feel the difference in dosage over Armour.

Apart from that, keep us posted how you feel

Country
    England

about two weeks ago mate!!
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    United States

Ric,

I've always believed a person can monitor for any symptoms of overtreatment on their own because if your dose is too high you'll get some unavoidable side effects from it. A major one would be increased heart rate and another would be diarrhea. If you don't see these happening and you feel good at the dose, you'll likely continue to do well. I'm glad to hear of your symptom improvement which is what we're all striving for in our struggle to get back all the quality-of-life we can!
    (Avatar pic is of me & wife, 2008)

Country
    UK

Great to hear you have got it right - sad to hear it has taken so long!
    Haven't posted for a while - been away and then firgot password...
    So - I agree that one can and should read one's own body. In my case I am now on 75 mg Levothyroxin. I am awaiting to see an Endo. I have been on medication now for hypo and Hash since September. My levels are pretty normal now - just - so the doc thinks I should stay on 75mg. I still feel tired, have freezing flushes, get a hoarse voice, ache like mad (got a really stiff hip-affects walking at the mo) and feel foggy at times. And I have no libido. So I still have symptoms- I thought symptoms disappeared if the medication is at the right level. I have more tests mid-Jan and see the doc then. I think I will ask for a higher dosage. I really want to see the Endo to ty to get things sorted as I feel fed up. OK- I am better than I was, but I am far from my 'normal' self.
    Any advice welcome. Hope you all had a great Christmas - I did, with my family in London. And
    Anni x

Country
    England

thank you Anni.

Its such a long journey to get well again Anni, patience is the key and determination also. See an Endo, and go from there. Speak with your GP{ and ask for a raise in thyroxine.

Glad to have you back anni xms

Country
    UK

- I know I must be patient - sometimes I forget! I will ask for higher med next time - yes I will. The doc has asked for a reminder to be set to the Endo's clinic so it may be soon!
    Joel is a couple of weeks younger than my Granddaughter - what a face on here - Bah Humbug! She actually laughs a lot but drops it quickly when she sees a camera - she studies the camera too much! Cheers xms , Anni

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense