User Tag List

Thread: Just found out I have pcos aswell..

Just found out I have pcos aswell..

Hi ya, hope you are okay..

Went for scan in london yesterday and I have also got pcos!! They want to send me back to endocrine to test me for diabtes and insulin resistance and want to put me on a tablet to induce periods!!!

Its very strange as my local hospital said i had pcos but didnt test me for anything else. Then a few months back i had a cyst burst and they said i dont have pcos i only had one tiny cyst!!!

My doctors said they didnt think I have pcos as Iam not oily at all or that spotty but they were obviously wrong..

I wish I did have oily skin I used to !! Do you think the oily skin isnt a symptoms due to my thyroid then??

I am also concerned as they have talked about metiformin to control insulin resistance..

peeps ..I hate to think what else I may have to I am turning into a raggy doll..lol

xx

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Re: Just found out I have pcos aswell..

Sorry to hear this, MM - you have far more than enough on your plate. At least you have a diagnosis. You need to press for help and get as much of it aspossible - you can control this condition. These things are all linked and the endo understands all these things. Diet can help a lot, I think. I wish you well and a good weekend. A

Member Achievements:

Country
    Great Britain

Hi Annie hope you are okay..

Yep, I know a low carb diet helps but i have been doing it and i have lots of cyst on my right ovarie so its a bit strange...

Mind you I have had the odd day here and there over the last month where i have been so down I have eaten chocolate or some bread maybe these odd occasions are enough to cause the cysts ??!!

Hope your doing okay..I am just about to have blood test for all my food senstivties...hope ill find i can eat some new foods!!

xx

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Hey mandy, Im sorry to hear this! My wife has this, and although the symptoms are mild with heavy periods and lack of periods, she doesnt suffer much, if any really!! I know everyone is different and some wil suffer more than others!

Thyroid disease can make your skin very dry which could be the reason you dont have oily skin!!

I know things seem bleak right now, but I have a feeling if you keep on moving forward and taking more responsibility for your health and social status, which you are, 2009 is gonna be much much better!! thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Member Achievements:

Country
    Great Britain

Hi Ric,

Thank you!! Yes, I think Iam on the right track now at last rool on 2009!!

for all of your support, you are superstars!!

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Hope everything works out for you Mandy thumbup

Glad to be a man though

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by