User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feel Like ive met santa!!! Ive got Armour at last lol :)

Exclamation Feel Like ive met santa!!! Ive got Armour at last lol :)

Heres my results: sunshine

IGF-1 : 20.7 range: 15.0 - 39.9

TSH: 0.68 Range: 0.27 - 4.20
    Free Thyroxine: 13.2 range: 12.0 - 22.0
    Free T3 3.5 Range: 4.0 - 6.8

FSH: 5.9 range folliclur 3.5 - 12.5
    mid-cycle: 4.7 - 21.5
    luteal: 1.7 - 7.7
    post meno 7.7 - 58.5

Progesterone: 1.4 ref range folliclur 0.6 - 4.7
    periovulatory: 2.4 - 9.4
    luteal: 5.3 - 86.0
    postmeno 7.7 - 58.5

for day 1 progesterone: >30ml indicates ovulation
    <5 ml indicates no ovulation has occured

Testosterone 0.8 range: 0.20 - 2.90

Sex hormone binding Glob: 165 range: 20 - 130

17-beta estradial 159 ref range: folliclur: 46 - 607
    ref range mid cycle: 315 - 1828
    ref range luteal: 161 - 774
    ref range post meno: <201

DHEA: 3.2 ref range: 0.26 - 11.0

CORTISOL: 101 (1.10pm) 9am 171 to 536 Midnight: <140

Thyroglobulin antibody: <0.9 0 - 4.9 Negative
    Throid peroxidase <0.25 <9 Negative

He was lovely felt like Id met father christmas lol..this is what he said

He said that he thinks I have systemic candida, which has caused my thyroid problem. He said I definatley have Hypothyroid and its affected all my hormones my DHEA and everything he said he wants me to take 1 gram of armour and I think its 10mg of DHEA, he said that will help my adreanals??? (not heard you say that i ve only heard about corftef)..

He said he thinks i have candidas in my sinus which could be whats caused the cyst in my sinus and he wouldnt be suprised if thats sitting on a nerve and caused the weakness. But then he tested my reflexes and strength and couldnt understand what was going on in my right leg. He said he doesnt think it was a stroke and he doesnt thinks its neurological he said the thyroid could be causing the weakness.

He wants me on a strict diet and is going to give me supplements once i ve had food senstivity test as he thinks i also have leaky gut. He doesnt think 89% I have celiac he thinks its the candida causing the food reactions. But he isnt counting it out totally.

He said dont hold your breat habout Barts he doesnt think they would treat my thyroid as they wont test the T3.

He thinks I already had candida and 3 years ago when this started i had two months of antibiotics which pushed my candida out of control and has caused me a thyroid problem???!!! He said he wouldnt be suprised if once th ecandida has gone my thyroid will normalise????!!!

Dont know about that but i have had quite a few operations and have had antibiotics a few times but i thought the thyroid caused the candida??!!

He said \i definatley have a thyroid and candida problem and leaky gut which he will treat and Barts should be able to work out what the weakness is about if treating the thyroid doesnt resolve it!!!!

I am excited but a bit worried as I havent got the DHEA yet but he said to take the armour in the morning I thought we had to prepare our adrenals or something???!!!

My Growth hormones quite low really isnt it aswell..

Cant wait to hear from you
    Hope your better
    thanks
    Mandy
    sunshine

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: Feel Like ive met santa!!! Ive got Armour at last lol :)

Hey Mandy,

Seems like you getting to the bottom of all the problems thumbup which is a very good news. At least the guy is helpful and is telling you everything in details.

DHEA thing is not quite straight forward as it may look like. DHEA can be converted to Estrogen (Female Sex Hormone) or Testosterone (Male Sex Hormones). I would be careful taking DHEA. Have a word with him and ask him what he thinks if you wanna take DHEA-S (This one doesnt convert to either of sex hormones).

DHEA is also produced by the adrenal glands and it goes down when your adrenals are stressed. But one thing you should know that DHEA will reduce your cortisol levels further down. From my understanding, it's better to take cortisol supplements with DHEA (Of course if your adrenals are stressed).

They say to fix adrenals before starting Armour. Your cortisol level seem to be a bit low to me and it seems your doctors hasn't suggested any thing for this at all?

Hope things improve for you quickly

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Hey Mandy, your Thyroid results dont look great, your TSH and T4 could be much better, no wonder, you dont feel good. Maybe the Armour will help with that!!

Are you doing this alone, or will you be seeing an Endo/GP?? Make sure you dont send yourself Hypo!!!
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    Great Britain

I am being guided by this private doctor I am seeing.

I got it wrong he has given me half a grain of armour!!

I asked him about cortef he said DHEA will sort out my adrenals, he said its just important that we get rid of the candida as its well out of control..

I havent been back to Barts yet for my scans of spine and brain, I wasnt sure if I should take armour until barts have sorted me out but I am sick of being sick and this doctor said I'l feel so much better pretty quickly..

Ive taken the half a grain this morning and i feel very hot I havent got the DHEA..but I did cheat and ate a chocolate brownie last night so feel ruff from that. He said I must be strict with teh diet so I think I just thought last night last time I can cheat. So the candida makes me feel pretty ruff when i eat wrong any way..

Do you think its just thyroid then ? What do you think about him saying teh candida has caused the thyroid problem?

Do you think I am doing the right thing? Does it sound like he knows his stuff??

Sorry I am just a bit worried but I had to do something ..

Does the DHEA lower cortisol even more then??

mandyxx

Member Achievements:

Country
    Great Britain

I am so cold and very stressed dont know if its the armour ive taken today i am so cold..i am gettig upset worrying Ive wasted alot of money with the doctor but maybe just needs tweeking with him or something ...

xx

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Not quite sure Mandy...if a doctor is trying to help you and advising you on something then you should try following his instructions. I wouldnt worry too much about the results then as he is the guy who is an expert in his field.

Why dont you have a discussion with him on the phone and clear your doubts if you have any?

Quote Originally Posted by mandymo
    I am so cold and very stressed dont know if its the armour ive taken today i am so cold..i am gettig upset worrying Ive wasted alot of money with the doctor but maybe just needs tweeking with him or something ...

xx
    No money is being wasted Don't think in this way. Just think, once it's all sorted, everything single penny spent would be worth it thumbup

Member Achievements:

Country
    Great Britain

Yea thanks Sid..

Sorry to sound negative must be my hormones, I am having trouble with the housing aswell its all a bit to much when your not well!!

My support worker is going to try and get me in somewhere based on my mental health as its bad enough not being well all the time but the housing problem is making it all worse and i do get bad panic attacks and stuff and anxiety and start feeling like giving up with it all..

Thank you for your support mate thumbup thumbup

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense