User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DO you have B12 injections?

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

DO you have B12 injections?

And does your GP prescribe it? And also why do you have it?

Im thinking it might be an option for me.
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: DO you have B12 injections?

I bought some Vitamins B12 high potency 1000mg from GNC

Not sure if we are supposed to take high dosage of Vitamins B12 if we dont lack in it.

I hate it when for anything or everything you have to do a test!!!

Country
    England

is that in injection form??
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Nope tablets

Country
    England

wheres did you get them from SiD? GNC?

Did they make you feel better??

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Yes. I have injections of B12 hydroxycobalamin, 1000 mcg, every 12 weeks as standard basic treatment for Pernicious Anaemia. For most people this treatment is adequate, but like thyroid meds, standard treatment is not always suitable for all, and many people require more frequent injections. I have mentioned on another thread about where in the UK the sublinguals can be obtained, or is GNC in the UK?

B12 deficiency can take about seven years to develop, depending on the diet and gut absorption levels. and when supplementation starts it can, in some people, take many months for any benefit to be felt, a very slow process.

In my understanding, there is no proven upper level for B12 and any excess the body does not use is washed out in urine.I believe that those who have injections lose up to about 50% within a few days.

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

I am going for the Vitamin B12, D and a few other hormones tests on monday so would be very interesting to see my results.

I've never had a B12 test before but I am not a vegetarian so not quite sure how can I develop B12 deficiency. My understanding was if someone is hypothyroid for a long period of time without a treatment then they may develop the deficiency or else you should be okay.

I have been taking some B12 time release supplements in tablet form but have stopped it now just because of the tests. To be honest, it's really hard for me to say if there was any difference but then again, these may not absorb as much as sublingual and I may not be B12 deficient at all.

I have seen so many people say they take 1000mcg injections but what I am unable to understand, why it has to be such large quantity? Is it because our body cannot absorb most of it or some othe reason as RDA is quite small, 2cmg or something?

Ginny, you say you have been taking injections, did you notice any difference at all after being on the injections? Did your GP prescribe you those based on your results so presumably, your results were low? I am asking for myself as I just want to get ready for these injections should I need them and need some info to convince my GP.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense