User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partners

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Angry Partners

Though I am still single and have plans to remain for a while but just wonder if thyroid has affected anyone's relationship significantly. Of course if you are married then other person has very little choice but if you have just started going out with someone and they realise you have thyroid related illness, would they be scared?

What I understand a lot of people dont know much about thyroid and they think thyroid issues only causes swelling of neck etc so they get scared in a way or other?

Not quite sure if I anyone is getting what I am trying to say

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Re: Partners

I dont know SiD in personal experience, I would say the changes are very subtle, so you would have to be with someone a long time, for them to notice change. Mental health problems start when you are really Hypo/hyper.
    My mental health deteriorated over a long time, and my wife had to put up with alot, my wife actually said not to me, but to my sister, 'If I knew what I was getting into before I met your Brother, I would never of started seeing him.' Now I dont know if that is down to my Hypo symptoms or my childhood which was filled with abuse etc,

Now Im on the mend, and trying to be a positive influence for my son, and dont ever want to burden him with my problems.

If I wasnt in a relationship and newly diagnosed Thyroid patient, I would not get into a relationship until my sysmptoms were under control.. Its too tiring :P

Hope this helps
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Will have to wait and see

For some reason I feel being single has it's own charm and there is very little responsibility. Only wish I could stay like that forever without growing old

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

LOl SiD not growing old, you discover that, you let me know

Single is good, as long as your happy mate!!
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Interested in starting this string up again? I personally have not been in a relationship in years. Testosterone levels are fine. For me it is the depression and fatigue. Not much fun if all you want to do is sleep. Woman like "achievers".

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

i know this in the mens section but i wanted to share my experience, i often have blow outs with dan over the slightest thing- sometimes he iritates the pants off me ! i seem to have partner resentment but then other times he just gets in my face and he wont back off

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bubba444
    Interested in starting this string up again? I personally have not been in a relationship in years. Testosterone levels are fine. For me it is the depression and fatigue. Not much fun if all you want to do is sleep. Woman like "achievers".
    Depends which testosterone are you talking? Mine change all the time but in the UK they check only Total and not Free. As in thyroid, total testosterone is no good to us as it's free or bio-available which really counts. When needed, Free testosterone should be available for performance purposes :d or else no performance

Trouble is when thyroid is affected, your pitutatary, the master gland is affect and so are your LH and FHS hormones and the whole system goes up and down accordingly. Low LH and FSH will mean low sperm count and low testosterone!

There is no easy to know unless of course you get someone into bed lol

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense