User Tag List

Thread: Hi!

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Hi!

Hi
    My name is Anni, I found out about my hypo and Hashi this summer. I realise I am not going mad/getting lazy/losing my intellect/being a HYPOchondriac. I am very happily married - 30 years - and we have one daughter and one granddaughter, born July 08, a big, beautiful girl. I am generally very happy with my life. I want to get this condition sorted then I can have my enery back and be able to play and do lots of fun things with my family. At the moment I feel like a sloth a lot of the time, I get woozy, I go from hot to cold, apart from all the other symptms I find I cannot cope with anything too difficult intellectually - I haven't written a chapter I was meant to write in summer for a book and I have suspended my personal studies. I can just manage my lecturing job. My husband is so good and supportive, although he finds it all frustrating (I had a bad night last night, tossing n turning with tummy ache and achy legs, so he is tired this morning and a little grumpy). He cooks so has had to change his recipes to suit my needs.
    I feel that I am climbing out of a big dark hole, slowly - I will get it sorted and won't let it beat me but I do feel a bit battered!
    Hope you are all well and managing this condition!

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: Hi!

Hello anni and welcome to thyroidhelp

Sorry to hear about your hypothyroidism but at the same time, good to hear about your grand daughter I hope she is very well.

You said you have been identified with Hypo but how did it happen? Did you go to the GP and had your blood tests done? Which tests were carried out and what were the results?

Hypothyroidism affect women more than men and almost one is five is affected, sometimes without even their knowledge. With Hashi it's very difficult as your good cells are being attacked by anti-bodies hence depending on number of them, you may feel very well or very unwell.

Once on treatment, you'll recover very quickly and would be able to do normal activites without any problems. I find sleep to be really a problem in my case but I suffer from so many other things and in my case, it's been going on for a while

Country
    UK

Hi
    for the reply.
    I wasn't feeling well. I'd been on HRT for some time, following menopausal symptoms, I came off of it and stopped smoking. I suffered bleeding a number of times so went for that checking initially. I had an hysteroscopy. Meantime the doc and were talking and I mentioned about my mother being auto-immune (rhesus -, angina, 'nerves' problems, died aged 70 -peritonitis caused by pancreatitus- didn't drink) and having hypo so we decided I should be tested. At this time I was quite manic. The results showed hyper and I was given betablockers because I was zinging! It was difficult at first because the extreme meno symptoms are similar to hyper symptoms. I had some more tests and got really ill with a cold. The test results showed a massive swing to hypo - the doc called me and sent a prescription for levotyhroxine. Tests since show hypo but I am slowly getting back to normal, but TSH results are still questionable. We have decided Hashi. I am getting tested next time for coelliac and diabetes as I have had some weird and wonderful cravings, mega stomach cramps and swelling and water retention. This is 6 weeks into medication now and I have climbed from 25 mg to 50 and now just starting 75. I am awaiting an Endo appointment.
    I think I may have had some of this previously but that the timing was good really as I have had attention since it all started properly.
    My auntie had perniscious anameia. I have a history of arthritis. It is all there.
    I feel the doctor has been pretty good. Yes - I look forward togetting it all sorted and getting back to normal, whatever that is!
    I will see my granddaighter this weekend. They live in London and we in West Yorks so it isn't as regular as we'd like but I see them every month at least. She is big and bouncing!
    Take care and keep warm! I got an electric blanket! I did take over-the counter sleeping tablets for a while but have stopped as somewhere I read that we should avoid anti-hitamines if poss.
    Anni

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Very lucky lady...taking it all slowly and increasing your thyroxine.

They made me start at 100mcg Thyroxine and God knows, I had the most weird time of my life during those days. In the night I used to feel, I am sleeping with my mind totally awake and my eyes opened while in reality my eyes used to be closed!

Doctors are absolutely useless now a days apart from a few one

TSH does not tell you the full story as it may be having other issues itself so it's always wise to check FT3 and FT4 levels as well when it comes to thyroid. TSH levels can fluctuate and dont tell the full story.

Good thing is your doctor is nice to you and listens to you....it is very important thumbup

Electric blanket wow... sounds like you have warm mornings then. Sometimes my radiator breaks for no apparent reason because I live in block on flat in central London and I shiver like anything in the early morning.

Country
    UK

My house is rather draughty so that is why I got the blanket. Gotta keep warm. It was only 18 from a catalogue shop - I bougt one a bout 3 years ago n that cost me about 60n - it is a decent make and one you can keep on all night. YUMMY! I am gonna use it vert soon as I am cream crackered - woozy tonight! Take care! A

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense