User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut oil: Can it cure hypothyroidism? - Discuss

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First Class10000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocial

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Smiling Coconut oil: Can it cure hypothyroidism? - Discuss

I keep on reading about Cocunut oild being a natural remedy for people suffering with Hypothyroidism - Discuss and post your experiences

Coconut oil offers much promise today to sufferers of hypothyroidism and slow metabolism. It is a known fact that the fatty acid chains in coconut oil, known as medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) or medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), offer wonderful health benefits and are no where found more abundantly in nature outside coconut oil. For the hypothyroid sufferer the MCTs rev up the body's sluggish metabolism and promote weight loss as well.

There are many side affects of a sluggish thyroid gland and the resulting slower metabolism.

First of all, it affects your energy level greatly, and with a slower metabolism and subsequent reduction in activity (and energy) there is often unwanted weight gain. Unfortunately, a person's health is affected as well. Coconut oil can help with a lot of these problems. Several health problems such as obesity, heart disease, and osteoporosis are more prevalent in those people who have slow metabolism. Any health condition is made worse if the metabolic rate is slower than normal, because the cells can't heal and repair themselves as quickly. People with hypothyroidism desperately want to live normal, energetic lives and it is quite possible adding coconut oil to your diet will be part of your answer.

Most of the oils that we use to cook food and those used in commercially-prepared foods also have a negative affect on the thyroid. These are known as polyunsaturated or vegetable oils. They may in fact be the worst villains in the spread of thyroid diseases.

The thyroid, though small otherwise, is one of the largest glands in the endocrine system. Diseases of the endocrine system are mostly caused due to production disorders that lead to inadequacy or excess of hormones or inappropriate response to hormones by tissues. Unsaturated fats inhibit tissue response to thyroid hormones.

The benefits of coconut oil are seen in the merger of similar functions. The thyroid hormones are mainly responsible for metabolic activity in the body. Coconut oil also promotes metabolism. The fusion of the two work to the benefit of the body and help in maintaining optimum metabolic rate. To explain it in simple words, coconut oil serves as high octane fuel for the internal combustion engine in the car. An efficient fuel (coconut oil) makes the car (thyroid) perform better and last longer. Coconut oil is also considered to be the best cooking oil, as it does not add to your weight. A good physique promotes an active lifestyle, which in turn promotes healthy thyroid functioning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails coconut_oil.jpg  

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

Re: Coconut oil: Can it cure hypothyroidism? - Discuss

I found coconut oil did increase my energy yes, but I had to swallow it in big globs and it made me sickly lol. Probably was worth it as it did definitely speed me up. I also found rubbing copious amounts into my skin made my skin lovely and also seemed to affect my metabolism in a positive way, it went in like when you use a progesterone cream methinks?
    One might ask why I stopped using it? because my adrenals were shot and I was getting inner trembling and it was difficult to monitor the increase in my metabolism unlike when taking TH. Now I am on hc though, I might have another crack at using it. I would highly recommend it.
    lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First Class10000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocial

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

I couldnt swallow it but havent used it on skins either. I have bought some but wonder if I'll ever use it. I remember mum used to use it on her hair when I was little as according to her, it speeds up the hair growth and make the hair shine.

Like you said Dawn, if there is something wrong with the internal glands like adrenals then nothing is going to work unless support is taken to recover and make these glands work in a normal way.

Awards:

Country
    UK

Yes it is great on your hair, I agree totally.

If you have any dry skin anyway I recommend rubbing it onto it. You will get the benefit on the skin and benefit of the transdermal application as it goes into your system. Try it Sid
    lotsa luv
    DAWNX
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

You reckon it could make skin look better anywhere on the body?

Junior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

I've just come here specifically to see if there was any info on the effect of coconut oil on thyroid. I have read that it might be possible to reduce medication when taking coconut oil. I've been reading about coconut oil's benefits for years, on and off - it's obviously time I got some and tried it (but I bet it'll make me gag ).

clemenzina

Awards:

Country
    UK

Hi hon
    did u get some vgo?
    I have read peoples ideas on how to eat it like liquid into a yoghurt and mashed with ba and stuff, there are lots of ways of making it taste better, just that I am too ill to do any of those things so I keep all my meds around me.
    I look like the cashout at boots pharmacy
    lotsa luv
    DAwnx

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense