User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Candiet affect cause my low thyroid?

Candiet affect cause my low thyroid?

Hello its lil old me again lol

Tried expalining to my Dad again and he said (my autntie) Lorraine said its probably due to my diet!! I do have to follow a gluten free / candida diet (not convinced i havent got celiac or maybe even DH) so my diet is very bland.

She reckons it can cause no periods low homones etc..But I do eat I just cant eat normal foods

I have read a diet lacking in iodine would cause a problem but I have 4-5 eggs a week and they contain iodne I have prawns when i can afford them ..and i am not anerxia thin or anything ive gained fat its just all inmy belly!!

peeps ...I am sure if you hav hypot or hasis you just have it it doesnt go away by eating wheat..

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: Candiet affect cause my low thyroid?

Hey Amanda,

I thought we lost you

3 to 4 eggs in a week? I have 4 eggs every day You have made me feel I eat too much

By the way, there is only 27 micro gram iodine in one egg compared 150mcg needed/day. I just love eggs for some reason so dont ask me why I eat so much lmao

Did you read this post regarding the pot belly?

adrenal-stress-how-to-identify-t15.html

I think pot belly is a good indication of fatigued adrenals.

No periods and low hormones can be symptom of hyper and hypo so can't help you much. When is your doc's appointment so let's wait to hear some good news.

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Hello Mandy good to see you again

There is a book called 'The Thyroid diet' http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thyroid-Diet.../dp/000721183X

Im not sure if what you say is true, although, your Thyroid can also cause the problems you have. No offense, but however clued up your Auntie may be, she isnt a medical professional. (is she??) Why dont you speak to your GP about it, and see if they can you give you a bigger in site, and maybe refer you to a dietician.

The best thing to do it get to the bottom of everything, then you can climb back to health. Also Iodene can affect your Thyroid function
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    Great Britain

Hello ..

I have spoken to the clinic Iam going to and I aksed if anything else going wrong in your body can cause Hypot, she said if you arte hypot you are hypot!!

I have found quite a few articles about if you dont eat any type of iodine what so ever it would affect your thyroid but not to the point we are experiencing..i dont think..

An way the first problem i had was impacted feaces an the fond out about food allergies so the problem was there before I started the diet..

I rest my case ha ha..I cant wait to be able to just say well this is what i have to shut them up

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

I understand what you mean, you get frustarted with not knowing, and want something to be wrong so not think your insane!!

Constipation is a symtom of Hypot.
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    United States

Since Mandy pointed out Mary Shomon's book "The Thyroid Diet", I wanted to direct to my review of the book. Mary sent me all of her books a couple at a time for me to post reviews at BellaOnline. Her Thyroid Diet one was the most comprehensive in my opinion and I gave more detail to it. She covers goitrogen foods in it, soy and other things in the diet and comorbid conditions that can hinder treatment for hypothyroidism.
    My review gives a run down of what's in it>> http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art59248.asp
    (Avatar pic is of me & wife, 2008)

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Great review on that book Jim. Havent read it myself but I am sure it covers all these in greater detail.

I've read Mary's "Living Well With Hypothyroidism" and even though I've found it very helpful, I seriously think she didn't cover the adrenal issue in greater detail as she should have as this is quite important for a lot of patients.

Otherwise great book to read and highly recommended for anyone with thyroid issues. thumbup

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense