User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish some one would explain it to my mum

I wish some one would explain it to my mum

Hello..

I am having a hard time trying to explain this to my parents. I ve been back and forth to the hospital and my last doctor said I had a bit of a low thyroid last year so god knows how long its been going on for.

The thing is they keep getting annouyed with me for ocming on here and getting upset about it all. They havent read about it like me and wont they just think Iam destroying myself coming on here to read about it.

Its not fair the effect it has on your whole life is it..xx

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: I wish some one would explain it to my mum

I am having exactly the same issue mandymo.

My parents think it's all in my head and I am wasting my money on so many medicines I always buy and read the stuff on the internet. They think I am okay and thyroid isnt causing any issues to me at all.

I've tried explaining to them but they will just nod and smile. I have stopped telling them now and I just getting on with my life. I dont live with them anyway so may be not having as hard time as you are

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

I think every single one of us has this problem not just with parents but everyone. Its kind of an ongoing joke, about me going on about the injustice of Thyroid conditions.

At least we have places like this, where there are people who understand! thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    Great Britain

Yeah, thanks I am glad I can come on here and taklk to you guys.. thumbup

Its worse for me I think as I am living with my parents, also my right side problem happened when my Dad found out my mum had been having an affair and it all went off big time that night. I was very down any way as I thought I had celiac (it made sense with the food etc) had a biopsy and it said normal (I had been on the diet for 6 month sprior to this, and ate low carb gluten diet running up to the biosy) so ,when they said it was normal I couldnt understand why I didnt feel so well all the time.

I ened up thinking whats the point, Id come off the pill as well at that point and noticed my skin had changed gone thin and dehydrated looking I thought what evr else can go wrong next..I was so fed up of it all I brought a packet of chocolate biscuits and ate the whole lot!!! I thought maybe I shouldnt avoid all teh things that make me ill maybe i should let what evers happening to m happen..I felt so ill after biscuits..

Then when i got in I was upset, my mum was hysterical and said she doesnt want to hear abnout me not feeling well and everuyone is sick of me so I best take an antidepressant or I can move out as she cant handle me aswell as everything else!!!

So I took the prozac felyt like I was going into a dark hole, my mum came in my room screaming at 3am help me, shed had a fight with my dad, I jumped up quick went a bit dizzy (put it down to tabs) my heart was pounding etc..i think it happened then or duiring the night when i went back to bed I dont really remember it was all a blur..all i know is after I was all starrey in a fixed gaze, pale as anything, clamy skin, everytime i trioed to have a cigarret my heart was pounding so much it took my breath away and i was getting out of breath walking..this went on for a good two weeks and rather than being chronicly constipated everything I ate went through me and i lost 1/2 a stone in a few days ..I kept going to sleep and then jumping up feeling like I couldnt breath..but noticed it was after having a cigareet before bed..after a few weeks wernt so bad...

Iam trying so hardt o give up smoking I am down to about 4-5 a day - but as soon as i smoke i can feel my heart pounding and I start sweating...

I cant even talk to my octor now, he is yet another locum doc. I went there Friday and I said why have i got a big lump n my groin he said take my shoe off and said its coz you have a fungal infection in your foot.........why dont they sit and look at all this problem I am having and think mmm 33 years old and all these infections, drooping face etc low estrogen...they must know its to do with hormones..

Sorry about taht didnt mean to go into one

xxx

Country
    England

Bloody hell Mandy thats sounds like an awful situation you are in!! And belive me mandy, its not your fault. You never asked for any of this, Your Thyroid problem, your parents marriage problems none of it. Your mom was very wrong to take her problems out on you. And to dismiss your feelings like that is, in my opinion bang out of order.

Im presuming your quite young, You need a safe zone and deserve one. If I were you, I would speak to your GP and ask if it be possible to speak to a Psychologist. I had major issues when I was younger, my parents relationship was disaterous, and I never felt safe in my life. I ended up abusing my body with drink and drugs, and let my self fall out of control. Then I saw a therapist and got a safe zone to talk, and eventually, I became stable. My problems were exaserbated by my Thyroid problems too. Causing me to have Anxiety and depression.

Sometimes parents can do more harm than good, and you need to get help from someone else whether its a friend or someone else you trust.

Just to let you know, I am in no way comparing your life to mine,, Im just telling you my story. We all have problems, and we all need to deal with them.

I hope your situation improves soon. It always will blow over..

If you ever want to chat PM me
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    Great Britain

Thank you Ric..

Ive got a social worker starting this week to help me find somewhere to live, even though Iknow they love me they arent helping me (my parents). I have no control over any of my life at 33years old!! I have to obide my thier rules and as I am so vunerable due to my facial drooping and emotions from hormones they do bullie me a bit I dont think they mean to..but Iam an adult but not able to be independant and stand up for myself as Iam in thier house.

My social worker is trying to help me get a flat at the moment they said i need to be out of here. Plus they arent talking and dad hasnt been drinking but will be xmas so wouldnt be suprised if the trouble starts again and my mum turns to me for support when it starts but i can deal with it, being stuck in the middle.

I dont like seeing either of them upset i love them both but do get upset that Iam goingthrough all this stuff and if they realised whats really going on with this thyroid and no help from nhs they would help me i think.

But its gone on so long, ive been told i may have so many things that now they dont believe me and get annouyed at me coming on here as they think this is driving me mad!!!

Mate
    x

Country
    England

although things look bleek there is some positive going on with you trying to move and get help. Its a step forward.

Well done you

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense