User Tag List

Thread: Loss of Muscle/Body Tone

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Loss of Muscle/Body Tone

Just wonder if anyone else noticed the body mass is not that firm anymore like it used to be. For me it has all changed after RAI and since then it's not that firm.

It feels like when air is taken out of balloon and it is soft and not shinny anymore like it should be when filled with air not sure if that makes sense.

I used to be regular to the gym and now I go there as well but cannot seem to recover.

Any suggestions?

My diet, I would say is quite good and very little carbohydrates (Those even are complex...fruits only) and protein like chicken and lean meat.

Cheers

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    United States

Re: Loss of Muscle/Body Tone

SiD, My situation is different from yours, my having Hashimoto's as the cause of my treated hypothyroidism. I do however have less muscle tone since the disease and I have exercise intolerance and longer recovery with hard physical work or exercise involving heavy lifting, weights etc..
    I have adapted the best possible by exercising to tolerance rather than at the level I used to could handle. I do as you, in trying to get more protein in my diet and take vitamins I can tolerate (some multi-vitamins make me ill). I did have one Dr. suggest getting testosterone checked because it has a lot to do with musce tone which I did by saliva testing and mine was slightly below mid-range on the result. I took over-the-counter DHEA (at label recommended dose & my Doc's approval) to help increase my testosterone but each time I took it, I would experience severe fatigue after a week or so. I'm warey of ever getting treated with testosterone because of potential side effects, so really can't add much to recommending help in this area. Anyone else have suggestions??
    (Avatar pic is of me & wife, 2008)

Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    Great Britain

Hi guys,

I have the exact same thing and I was a personal trainer I was very fit had a six pack and was invited to compete before this started!

My muscles have lost thir tone aswell and I also have no excersise tolerance. I used to train 4 times aweek but when i have tried one session wipes me out and I also struggle as I have flaccid muscle in my right glute area..

My tests results also show Iam deficent in creatine which is what recovers muscle function after training or use of muscles. I also read that the less muscle you have the lower your creatine will be and if ive lost muscle then tahts my answer i suppose!!

Iam going to a clinic sat to have blood taken and then back to see the doctor on the 3rd december. They are testing testosterone, dhea etc and they sent me information and it does mention about testosterone and growth hormone both keep muscles strong..my sister hasnt worked out in her life and is overweight and has tone in her muscles and she is 31...

xx

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Why not take extra creatine to top up what is missing?

I told my Endo that I take extra whey protein and creatine and he said that is okay. My test results show creatine levels to be within reference range and I dont think creatine is harmful to the body.

It does have an affect on filling the muscles with a bit of water so when you stop taking it, muscles will shrink a little bit.....I think

Your sister must have naturally perfect endocrine system.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense