User Tag List

Poll: What do you take for Hypothyrodism?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What everyone takes for their treatment? Please Vote

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger First Class7 days registered

Country
    United States
    I was prescribed Levoxyl in February of 2012 after being on Levothyroxine for many years. Not sure how my body likes it yet. In February my TSH was 8; last week it was 12. Not sure why.
    All great achievements require time. - Maya Angelou

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflygirl View Post
    When I lived in the U.S., I took Synthroid. I only took it for two months because it did nothing to help my hypothyroid symptoms. I switched to Armour Thyroid and all my symptoms went away. However, I have heard that to get the total benefits of taking Armour nowadays, you need to chew it to break up the cellulose in it and help absorption. I am back in Canada now and I currently take "Thyroid" by Erfa which works just like Armour, if you ask me.
    Hello @butterflygirl , thanks for sharing your experience. I've created a new thread for you as some people including me are very much interested in knowing more about it.

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilitha View Post
    I was prescribed Levoxyl in February of 2012 after being on Levothyroxine for many years. Not sure how my body likes it yet. In February my TSH was 8; last week it was 12. Not sure why.
    @Lilitha As far as I know Levoxyl and Levothyroxine are both generic brand os synthroid/eltroxin hence the only difference between these would be fillers. Their potency could change from brand to brand depending on what brand you get at the pharmacy. That could be the reason for your rising TSH. Best is to get a branded levothyroxine like Synthroid or Eltroxin which will have same potency throughout.

31 days registered

Country
    Tonga
    Hi All! Feel a bit of an Imposter as I do not have Thyroid problems myself. My problem is my Husband, who is finally being treated for low thyroid. Problem first identified about a year ago at least. G.P was keen to wait and see. Eventually started Hisband on low dose of thyroid meds. Some months later he reluctantly increased them -only after I went to GP with Husband. I am Disabled myself and Husband is my Carer which is enough to depress anyone-but he has been getting progressively fatter, swollen tummy +++ , sluggish bowel and so depressed and apathetic. Advice very welcome.

D

Tagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points

Country
    Canada
    @Dwarfie Is your husband on Synthroid or a generic version of it? This often leads to weight gain. That is why many patients prefer Natural Dessicated Thyroid hormone. It leads to weight loss or weight stabilization, depending which you need. When I found my optimal dose, I immediately lost 10 pounds without doing anything different.

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries
    Hello @Dwarfie ...you have to give it a bit of time before you see the benfits. How long he has been taking the medication? Also like @butterflygirl suggested, some people do a lot better on natural thyroid like Armour Thyroid, Naturethroid. Have you spoken to your GP about it at all? It'll take sometime but he will be better soon

Country
    Scotland
    Have you ever considered taking VitD3 supplements? I have taken Eltroxin for 26 years and am about to change, as they can't supply them. Back in Dec.of 2011 I had my VitD level blood checked. The healthy reading should be between 70 and 100, my level was 22. Since taking them I must say I have lots of energy, and I feel that this VitD could well be a great help to thyroid sufferers. I read a medical topic saying that the scientists say you can take 25mg safely a day. But I find now I don't need one every day. I get my supply from Healthspan.com as it must be VitD3.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense