User Tag List

Thread: Hello there!

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Hello there!

Hi guys, I just clicked on Mike's link in his signature over on another Thyroid forum. Im so glad I did, the site, is great!!

I ve had an underactive Thyroid now for nearly 5 years, although, I reckon I ve had it a lot longer, I am on Armour, and Thyroxine, and am feeling ok, although, Im sure, the winter exaserbates my condition.

I also have created a Thyroid website, aimed at men with Thyroid disease, although, when I created it, I had no funds, and my wife was a month away from giving birth, since then, she delivered a boy, and I have no time, to advertise, and promote my site. I ve done some Youtube videos, just search 'Flameboy007' and you will see a few Vlog videos, describing my condition, and my battle.

Im in alot better place than when I made those videos, mainly due to me finally seeing Doctor skinner, and working with him to get my health back to as close as 100%.

So this is me, Im 26, married a father, and down to eaRTH kinda guy, I hope to get to know you all

for letting me join!
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: Hello there!

Hello Ric,

Good to see you mate. Hope things are getting better for you and I am so glad you have joined us.

It's very sad as I have pointed out in quite a few other threads that doctors in the UK do not try to treat anyone whose lab results are within so-called reference range hence anyone with hypo conditions may go on untreated for a longer period of time. This could also be as patients are not given their lab results and just are told over the phone - Your results are okay!!!

I always ask for my results and I always get them. There is absolutely no excuse for not giving it to me!

I have been to your forums aimed at men but it was quite "quiet" there hence I decided to launch my own forums. I dont think there is any harm in it as more the better We've got to spread the right information around and let other people know how do we patients feel with hyper/hypo conditions.

Dr. Skinner is a great man and I wish I had gone to him. But still I don't regret seeing Dr. Barry Peatfield and quite happy the way he treats me. I have met him once and for the past few months, we always have a phone discussion and I am quite happy with that.

Congratulations on having a baby boy I bet he wakes you up in the middle of the night. Oh well thyroid patients dont sleep that well anyway, do they?

I haven't had a chance to check your videos but I'll and I am sure they will be very informative.

Also please stay with us as you would be able to help/advise other members out who are suffering from similar conditions.

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense