User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flu and Sinus infections

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Flu and Sinus infections

I got flu three weeks back and now it's such a big struggle. I've got cough, sinus infection, soar throat....everything going on the same time.

I am very much convinced that it is all related to adrenals being stressed and because I am on 20mcg, which wouldn't have been enough to deal with the stressful situation of flu hence it's taking such a long time to recover.

Wonder what else can I do to recover quickly considering immune system may be weakened? Would antibiotics help at all?

Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class

Country
    United States

Re: Flu and Sinus infections

Are you taking a lot of natural fruits? I mean supplements are OK but you cannot go wrong with mother nature after all you could not survive on supplements, you would eventually die.

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    United States

SiD, I find since thyroid disease that flu & other viruses, even colds are more severe and I take longer to recover from them. I also see these turn into bronchitis more often than pre-disease. Antibiotics can be necessary if you have serious infection developing like bronchitis and need help in your body getting rid of bacteria that contribut to it but in my opinion, I would resort to them only when necessary as decided of course between you & your Doc. They can have adverse effects as well, according to med research especially if used frequently. Patients also tend to develop resistance to them if used often or prolonged and afterward they find even slower recovery from bacterial related illnesses. These are the reasons I try to avoid antibiotics unless I really need them. They can also sometimes cause diarrhea and resulting dehydration in some people, another factor in deciding when to take them or not.
    (Avatar pic is of me & wife, 2008)

VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

In a month, I am on second course of my anti-biotic. No wonder I don't feel any difference at all. They don't appear to do be doing anything at all.

But don't have much choice....I'v tried all cold and flu medicines and nothing has worked. Went to the GP and he gave me Penicillin but that didn't work either Now I am back on Amoxil 500mg and at least I have got back to work.

I remember when I was a kid, I used to take antibiotics and from very first dosage, I felt the difference.

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    United States

It sounds to me like you needed that round on antibiotics to help you recover and return to relatively normal activity. I hope the second round does the trick! I will definitely resort to antibiotics if I get as sick as I have a couple of times in the past. I worked when very sick with bronchitis a couple of years ago and feel certain it reached the point of pneumonia and really scared me! I don't plan to let that happen again.
    (Avatar pic is of me & wife, 2008)

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Well after two weeks on antibiotics, everything seems to be improving. Not fully recovered but it's getting there.

Started taking 3g of Vitamin C / day as well so hopefully thats gonna help

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

HI
    I read this list with interest, I initially went to my doctors as I went throught a 3/4 month period where I had recurring cold/flu symptons that were really severe.

I was diagnosed with Graves disease and have been on medication since June time. I am supposed to do another six months and then hopefully can come off the medication, however each time I am told to change my medication, I get a really bad cold/flu issue.

Ive been ill with a cold for the past week, and today am feeling the old graves' symptons coming back, fuzzy head, tired, leathargy etc

I keep mentioning to my GP and endo, but they keep telling me its not connected.

Any advice anyone? I'm trying to drink lots of fresh Orange juice, and eat fresh fruit and veg but still keep getting these cold/flu symptons!

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense