User Tag List

Thread: Howdy from Jim

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    United States

Howdy from Jim

I wanted to say Hi to everyone, as I come on board here at the forum. SiD and Savannah sent me a note via the contact form at my Thyroid Health website at BellaOnline, which I became Editor of early this year. They asked permission to post quotes and links from my articles and I was honored to have them do so as they like. I also expressed interest in getting involved here at the new forum and they gave me a wonderful welcome. At times my posting may be more sparce than other times but I'll likely have at least a couple of check-ins per day, especially evenings. I look forward to sharing info and learning new info from the other members here, while patients needing support are also helped and is good to see everyone!
    (Avatar pic is of me & wife, 2008)

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Re: Howdy from Jim

Hello Jim,

Good to see you on the forums You and OH look very good in the picture.

Yes this is right. Actually the whole credit goes to Savannah as she is quite a research type person

I've read quite a few articles on your site and also on Mary J Shomon regarding thyroid. New patients always struggle for the right information as doctors are not really very helpful at the initial stages.

Since I've been through all this phase, I understand how other patients would struggle during their illness.

Hope you would be able to offer help and advise to other members as you have quite a lot knowledge in this region.

Hope you enjoy your stay here too

Member Achievements:

Country
    United States

Jim! I'm delighted you made it and I know others will be very glad to see you here too. Enjoy your time here.

I love the picture, it's great!

Country
    United States

much SiD & Savannah, I'm looking forward to the exchange of info and in any contribution I lend toward support of other thyroid patients. It looks like the forum is off to a great start!

VeteranTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

to you. I have been reading your detailed replies and you sound like you have a lot of experience in this area. Do you have a medical background too?

Country
    United States

Jones, I actually gained my knowledge from search and research after thyroid disease diagnosis and have no official medical training or education. My reason for the extensive searching these past five years, is similar in testimony to SiD's, my having difficulty with diagnosis due to Dr.s not taking time to listen and order the proper blood tests. My Hashimoto's-hypothyroidism showed up clearly on tests once I demanded they be ordered. Afterward I had difficulty getting optimal or even proper treatment for the first two years of treatment. These are what put me on the track to learning every detail possible in regard to thyroid diseases and gave me a passion & inspiration to see other patients informed that are experiencing the same struggles. I'm a Thyroid Patient Advocate and in many ways I believe patients relate more to a fellow patient and learn more from their shared experiences than from medical sources alone.

Administrator Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Country
    England

Hi Jim nice to meet you, You seem to have alot of Knowledge, Its great to know your willing to share.
    thumbup
    I'm not an expert. I'm here to share my Thyroid journey and tell you all my experience of Thyroid disease.
    If you want to chat, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help where I can!!

http://www.twitter.com/thyroidhelp

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense