User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remembering To Take Pills

Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class

Country
    United States

Remembering To Take Pills

I was just wondering what are the creative methods you have to remember to take your pills?

Junior Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    UK

Re: Remembering To Take Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Susan
    I was just wondering what are the creative methods you have to remember to take your pills?

I use a pill organiser available from most chemists in the UK - well worth the investment of 5 & only needs stocking up once a week. Fabulous for the befuddled & foggy brains
    Jellybean

Member Achievements:

Country
    United States

I'm really bad in remembering to take the pill. What I do, I place a reminder on my cellphone to drink the pill at the specified time and I've set it up for several days. Every time my cellphone beeps, its the time to pop up that pill.

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

I have a pill box as well but I have got bottles in lanes so start from first and go till the end

Pill box comes in handy when going out on vacation.

Senior Member Achievements:

Country
    United States

I used to put my thyroid dose on top of my alarm clock for taking first thing upon waking, to allow absorption at least half hour before breakfast. Over time, I remembered to take my dose without having to put it on my alarm clock. As far as supplements that can hinder thyroid med absorption (e.i. calcium & iron), I use lunch as my reminder, by taking any supplements just before eating.
    (Avatar pic is of me & wife, 2008)

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

I am surprised Jim that you take Iron supplements as well?

I thought iron supplements were not very good for males? Is low levels or iron related to thyroid in make patients?

Senior Member Achievements:

Country
    United States

I actually don't currently take iron SiD but for a while took a multivitamin that had less than the RDA of iron for men in it, in fact was called a men's formula. I now take a multivitamin that has only vitamin C and several B-vits in it. The previous multi I took I believe had a little calcium it it as well but despite my current vit not having either iron or calcium in it I still take it at a different time of day just as a precaution against it affecting thyroid med absorption. I'm also cautious not to eat fiber rich foods at breakfast because sources out there also state that high fiber can decrease thyroid med absorption. I found out I'm actually sensitive to iron in supplements, so have to get mine naturally in my diet.
    Another interesting point is that lots of thyroid patients do need iron because of low-normal blood counts and even subclinical anemia are common in thyroid patients (I was borderline anemic at diagnosis but improved after thyroid hormone therapy), more-so common in women. It is important with iron, not to take more than the RDA (recommended daily allowance) unless needed under Dr. supervision because of danger of iron-overload (hemochromatosis) and most men should not take iron at all. Iron according to some research added by supplementation when not needed can also increase risk of heart disease.
    (Avatar pic is of me & wife, 2008)

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense