Senior Member Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

Isocort

Any recommendations here for Isocort as a means for long term use?

Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    United States

Re: Isocort

Jones,
    If I remember, Isocort has eqivalent of 2.5 mg of cortisol per pellet. I actually considered using it back when my adrenal fatigue was at its worst. I instead took adrenal support supplements my Doc recommended, carried by my pharmacist called "cortico B5 B6" and "adreset" and these pulled me out of the adrenal low really well. I feel taking 10mg or less of a supplement with cortisol is safe but I also feel the patient taking it should monitor for any symptoms that indicate they need to cut back or eliminate it. If blood pressure goes up too much or you have hypoglycemic episodes, these can be signs you should discontinue taking it. I also feel when you take a supplement with cortisol or DHEA in it, you should retest your adrenal hormones at about the same time-table you recheck your thyroid hormone levels, to make sure levels don't shoot over the normal. It's easy today to get saliva adrenal tests online and at pharmacies. My local pharmacy carries the ZRT labs brand and my Board Certified MD believes in their accuracy as do reputable medical groups.
    (Avatar pic is of me & wife, 2008)

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

I've done a bit of research on Isocort as well but it's not available in the UK.

I take Cortisol 25mcg after consultation with my doctor as I was on stage 5 of adrenal fatigue. They say Isocort could be a good alternative as it doesnt just contain Cortisol like Jim pointed out, but the whole adrneal cortex hormones which may be very good in some cases.

I would have tried it to be honest if it was available in the UK.

Veteran1000 Experience Points

Country
    United States

SiD, I've actually read that 25mg is safe as well but as you pointed out, a dose that high needs a Dr.'s approval/supervision. The Dr. William Jeffries book "Safe Uses of Cortisol" talks about this and medical trials that concluded the dose to be safe and not cause adrenal suppression. I haven't read the book but have read pages from it online and saw the medical study charts showing trials of cortisol on CFS and FMS patients, that resulted in improvement of their symptoms at safe doses with no negative side effects.
    With your adrenal fatigue being at the adrenal exhaustion stage, you certainly needed the help with the cortisol! I also think as you do that the adrenal cells in glandular supplements also have an effect in helping restore low adrenal function and some glanular extracts contain no cortisol (like the CortiTrophin brand I take when I need adrenal help) and people can still see improvement taking them.
    (Avatar pic is of me & wife, 2008)

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

Does anyone know of an adrenal glandular I can take alongside my hc which isn't from bovine sources? I still worry about the risks with bovine but I do need the cells for repair of my adrenals.

lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

Administrator Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdriveSocial25000 Experience Points

Country
    UK
    Blog Entries

What are the risks associated with bovine Dawn? I was told by my Endo that it reduces your LH and FHS thus decreasing all sex hormones and sperms

I dont take it as I am on HC but recently I have reduced HC and was planning to add in some adrenal extracts.

Baby Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion Ender

Country
    UK

Hey Sid
    What reduces LH and FSH? The glandulars or HC?
    My thoughts are on where they get their beef bits from, offals and stuff from cows and risk of BSE that is all.

lotsa luv
    Dawnx
    ''If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.'' The Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

• Advertising

advertising
    ThyroidHelp.org
    has no influence
    on advertisings
    that are displayed by
    Google Adsense