View RSS Feed

Stephy82

New members, say HELLO here!!!

Rate this Entry

Quote Originally Posted by Stephy82 View Post
Hello Ive recently been diagnosed as having a very underactive thyroid after the birth of my son.
It was not diagnosed for quite some time and i kept going back and forth for what felt like forever at one point was even diagnosed as having post natal deppression which i knew wasnt right, they then thought i had inflamation of the joints so did blood tests which then showed i had the thyroid issue.
I was so pleased to finally have a reason for feeling so rubbish as at one point i felt in complete dispair almost like i was going crazy? All my joints ached i had gained a load of weight and did not reconise the girl i saw in the mirror and all the time i was trying to be the best mum i could to my new baby boy
As soon as i found out what was wrong it was like a massive weight had been lifted and i could finally put a reason to the feelings i had.
Im currently on 75mg of Levothyroxine and already feel like a new person all the aches and pains have gone and that sad feeling has gone as for the weight thats a big bug bear of mine as i have never been so heavy and as i was in later stages of the condition also have some face swelling which has gone down but i still notice a big diffrence from how i used to look to now, Also the amount of hair i am losing is crazy is this another lovely side effect of this condition.....??

I would really love someone to talk to about they way i feel sometimes as this has seriously knocked my confidence.
Thankyou for reading

Submit "New members, say HELLO here!!!" to Digg Submit "New members, say HELLO here!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "New members, say HELLO here!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "New members, say HELLO here!!!" to Google Submit "New members, say HELLO here!!!" to Facebook

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Thyroid

Comments