View RSS Feed

thyroid nil

Off T3

Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Well as said before Ive tried T4 + T3 combo, it worked for as long as I was taking it for. Just to experiment, I dropped off the T3 a week ago. Just slept for 10 hours straight, then weighed myself and Im 4lb up
Im going to go back onto the T4/T3 combo just for next week as I have an Endo appointment on the 17th, so giving the T3 a chance to exit my system prior to appointment.
My current meds are 250 T4 when taking T3 Im usually on 40mcg, so just under the 5:1 ratio.

Submit "Off T3" to Digg Submit "Off T3" to del.icio.us Submit "Off T3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Off T3" to Google Submit "Off T3" to Facebook

Comments

How much you weight thyroid nil? As 250mch along with 40mcg makes it total of above 400mcg which is quite a lot of dose for an individual IMO.
    HI Mike,
    I weigh 18.4 st now and Im 6ft2". Was just under 17 before. I should have said I adjust the T4 when taking T3 down to 200mcg.
    I dont think I'll ever get the right balance.
    Wow! Feeling really, really, low this week. Weight shooting up, lack of motivation too. Seeing GP today, so will ask if there's anything we can do. Really could do with going back on T3 only for now.
    Not sure if GP would help but worth trying. Your system will need sometime before you feel well on T4. If you keep taking T3, your body wont convert T4 to T3 hence you'll feel unwell whenever you drop T3.

Or you could take T3 and reduce the dose over period of time so your body has sometime to adjust?
    Well I've been to the GP. Weight still spirialing, up another 1/2 stone.
    The levels indicate Im too high ie TSH 0.02.
    Off to see the endo next week, so fingers crossed.
    Just going back to your comment on t3 preventing t4 from working, I just thougth this didnt sound right as when I left hospital after my completion, I had been taking t3 almost immediately after surgery. I went home and didnt sleep for 2 nights
    Didnjt seem to have any effect on the T4 in my system
    Perhaps your system is not working as it should be i.e. converting T4 to T3 Hence you have very low TSH making you hyper when in reality, you are hypo - Hence the weight gain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Perhaps your system is not working as it should be i.e. converting T4 to T3 Hence you have very low TSH making you hyper when in reality, you are hypo - Hence the weight gain!
    Maybe
    Went to Endo today, trotted out the same old, same old 'your readings are fine' etc. I pointed out the weight gain, he said 'well, whats changed?' I said the meds as my weight was static over the past 7 years, longer if you count my word,but the 'variable' ie. doctor weighed stats. are from 2005.
    He said he will try t3/t4 therapy. So Im down to 175mcg T4/20mcg T3, will see what happens, but as I have said, my weight is still creeping up.
    Thats very good news to be honest. You'll soon feel better on T4/T3 combo. Weight should come down quickly as well as bear in mind....this weight gain is only due to water retention and can come down within a few days.
    Fingers crossed for you.....let us know how it works!
    Well ,the weight is staying quite static, I get a response if I up my T3and lower the T4 so its x2 25mcg and 125 T4. It bottoms out for a bit,then I go back to 175T4/25T3 this keeps me at my weight, then when it creeps up again, I raise the t3 dosage.
    I might ask to go back on t3 only.
    Oh, walking 4 km each day and watching food intake is having little effect.